Message boards have been way to bearish

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, May 8, 2013.

1. most posters drool on themselves. if you could see them you'd run the other way.

#31     May 8, 2013
  2. Ah-huh, Nasdaq 5000+ ring a bell?

#32     May 8, 2013
  3. I was on a plane and before everyone was even sitting down some guy was talking smack about stocks. I thought "Fuck I hope this guy doesn't sit next to me."

#33     May 8, 2013
  4. i could not agree more.

#34     May 8, 2013
  5. Agreed, I love the OP poster's point about buying stocks and going to the beach. Message boards are way too negative. Yes the market may go through a bear cycle soon, but that's normal, as will be the bull cycle after. That's why they call it a cycle… Markets go up and markets go down.

#35     May 13, 2013
  6. clacy

clacy

I have found that if you listen to the message boards and the doom & gloom crowd in the financial media, you will be much poorer for having done so.

Never underestimate the stock market's ability to scream upward.

This market will no doubt face some difficult days ahead, but there is no sign of that happening imminently.

Also, stock markets don't usually go from a hard charging bull to a plummeting bear market without plenty of fair warning.

#36     May 13, 2013
  7. Visaria

Visaria

Lose your opinion, listen to the market, trade the trend.

#37     May 14, 2013
  8. ++

#38     May 14, 2013
  9. RXIS

RXIS

It's just entertainment. I try to ignore it for actual trading. It seems as though the opposite trade is the profitable trade for me, but I don't really know that considering I am not factoring in the many variables others are using for their trade.

I like to use the board mainly for entertainment purposes. Although once in a blue moon, I'll come across an interesting post.

We have some members who seem to be categorized into the "profitable" group, but then they submit posts with terrible predictions. Perhaps the time frame was just all wrong. Who knows? Who cares? I don't. I typically aim for 5-15 points on YM by doing what I know how to do. I own my trade.

#39     May 14, 2013
  10. what is your average hold time on that YM?

#40     May 14, 2013