Message boards have been way to bearish

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, May 8, 2013.

1. gmst

gmst

From macro trading perspective, it means if you are paying attention, then a mighty great "Crash" opportunity comes up every few years somewhere across the world. Ofcourse if you design your macro portfolio to include some secular trends alongwith capitalizing on one crash every year, you will outperform most of the other macro managers.

#21     May 8, 2013
  2. It will always go UP over time.
    For example, DOW 50,000 Iis 100 per cent guaranteed to happen.
    It's just a matter of when.

I never understand the constantly bearish view on the US indexes.
    They MUST go up over time.

#22     May 8, 2013
  3. TA / Piker's perspective:

Every major crash was preceded by an MA death cross

Not every cross leads to death, but even a quant can agree that every trend death starts with one.......

Is anyone seeing that now?

:eek:

#23     May 8, 2013
  4. Once you see this bearishness, you buy max position!!!!

d'uh.....this is how you get rich and retire early!!!

I hope the OP is sleeping on 10 million in all different kinds of currencies.....

#24     May 8, 2013
  5. Druckenmiller calls the Fed, "lunatics" at the Sohn Conference. Did he just call the top in the S&P? SPX was 1631 at the time of the comment.

#25     May 8, 2013
  6. He also said Japan is just getting started. So Nikkei 50k? :D

#26     May 8, 2013
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Message Boards are generally bearish because the people on message boards (by in large) think they are smart but are in reality average.

The "masses" are generally long. So if you are bearish it must mean you know something that the "masses" don't. It must mean you are smarter than everyone else.

#27     May 8, 2013
  8. This is very true. On the other hand a lot of small fries get hit hard when stocks do go down cause they own individual stocks so I would say for the little people it very much makes sense to buy some indexes on a regular basis regardless of its price.

#28     May 8, 2013
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Concentration risk has nothing to do with it.

#29     May 8, 2013
  10. Earlier I googled "Stocks at 5 year highs". yikes, the whole world is on a tear.

#30     May 8, 2013