MES trading room worth a try

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by qlai, Sep 4, 2019.

1. qlai

qlai

ElectricSavant likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Zzzz. Same horse in different clothing. ( I forget the expression.)

beginner66 likes this.
  3. qlai

qlai

His charts look a lot like yours, I though you'd like it for sure :) The guy does have some credentials and has been around many automated trading systems (although a bit of a weird change of career path). Some of the objectives he mentioned I liked and want to see how he actually tries to accomplish them. I signed up, but not sure how much time I can actually spend there.

4. Thanks for posting this, @qlai . Don't know how involved I'll get, but I've been interested in futures for quite a while, and this just might be a decent intro. Signed up.

5. How is that a different career path. Same stuff, selling shovels to gold diggers. The blind leading the blind, just now on a smaller "micro" scale. Lol.

6. maxinger

maxinger

Luckily I don't have to see such video.

Honestly speaking, after you learned from such video,
    delete all you have learned from your mind completely unless you know
    the trainer is a successful trader.
    Then start to develop your own trading system & holy grail.

Nobert and trader99 like this.
  7. You're right; everyone should take your sage advice.

I mean, you are a successful trader... right? Can we see some definitive proof of that? Otherwise, everyone will just have to delete all they've heard from you from their minds completely.

Start developing one from what, nothing? Because by your metric, you can't rely on anybody for anything unless you spend years researching them. Books, websites, recommendations... all are worthless unless you have an iron-clad chain of provenance going back to some immutable physical law of the universe. Or maybe has your approval.

So what manner of holy grail are you selling? That's the only reason I can see for sneering at someone you know nothing about.

Tip: newbies have to start somewhere. Preferably with a variety of sources, especially where much of the education is likely to be skewed - as financial education almost always is. And part of that education will require developing the judgment to figure out right from wrong.

(BTW, the guy running the workshop did a bunch of live trades - I tracked them in TradeStation - and made some money. So there's that. And having a general intro to futures from someone who is used to working with them, was useful. That whole TA-based thing... not for me.)

Nobert likes this.
  8. maxinger

maxinger

well. you have to decide whether to delete all you have heard from me.
    similarly I have to decide whether to show you definite proof of successful trader.
    What you want to do with MES Trading room / T3live is really up to you.

everyone of us have to make our own decision.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  9. @qlai , perhaps you should look up the meaning of "irony" (hint: it does not mean "kinda like iron.")

I was poking fun at the silly idea of requiring everyone to show credentials of success before learning anything from them. I certainly learned a fair bit from Rod today.

10. sillyw10

sillyw10

never dismiss anything until you have looked at it..no matter what others say..if you can not use your own brain to distinguish between value and worthless..then you should not even consider trading..anything!!

many years ago I paid to join a live trading room for something like 2 months..it was $400..after a week I left it as it was useless..no doubt I lost my $400..never done it again

however..there was one thing that I did learn from this person..and I learned it for free before I joined the room..and to this day it still has value..but like everything else you have to actually try it out many times to see if it really is of any real value..this is where most fail..they expect something to work all of time..nothing works all of the time when trading..how can it..you are dealing with people who can change their mind in an instant ( or their program as now happens)..so knowing and accepting this is half the battle

whilst the shovel sellers will do everything to suck in the gold diggers..it does not mean you can't learn anything of value from them..but..do not part with any money and be prepared to do some serious work to verify for yourself if of any real value

for example..recently I tested various software platforms in relation to volume analysis..from POC to bid/ask cumulative delta..spent many many hours doing setups and testing..final conclusion was that all it done was it stopped me from looking at what I needed to really look at..so I stopped and removed all the programs from my PC

if you take this approach with a live sim account..not only can you save yourself a lot of money..but you can actually learn something of real value!!!!

#10     Sep 6, 2019
    qlai likes this.