Merrill Lynch States Some Wealthiest Clients Insisting On Delivery Of Physical Gold

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 11, 2009.

1. jem

jem

why in the world would Merrill put that article out.

They must have a ton to sell.

#21     Jan 12, 2009
  2. 'They' or a proxy would be my guess.

#22     Jan 12, 2009
  3. 4XQs

4XQs

I've got a feeling we're going to 500 usd again, triggered by deflation and a stockmarket that continues to be depressed in a calm manner.

#23     Jan 12, 2009
  4. Wow a win either way. Heads I win, tails I win! Amazing. Why can't investing always be this easy, this is like free money!

#24     Jan 12, 2009
  5. Another fake bubble created by the brokerages. They take something that has a tiny bit of fundamentals(massive equity market fear) and encourage clients to leverage and buy the shit out of it. Look at a chart of GOLD vs PLATINUM, you tell me what metal to get long. Also I have zero position in metals or miners. And just for fun this is a 600 year price of gold.

http://www.sharelynx.com/chartsfixed/600yeargold.gif

#25     Jan 12, 2009
  6. cszulc

cszulc

30 YEAR TREASURIES!!!

#26     Jan 12, 2009
  7. sumosam

sumosam

gold broke big support today....down $34 ...i see $650...COT data supports this

platinum is breaking out. 30 year treasuries have retraced abit but will head lower.

usd still the best....gold is deprecating....dollars are not...

#27     Jan 12, 2009
  8. Anybody notice a pattern? When GC is up, it's because the Fed is printing money 24/7. When it's down, it's all just manipulation on Comex and the "real" price is much higher.

#28     Jan 12, 2009
  9. jem

jem

From the chief investment officer to JEM worldwide daytrading.

JEM noticed that many of his clients are seeking to purchase toner from previously replaced fax and color laser printers. Oddly JEM said he will not sell them unless they also purchase at least 2 rolls of thermal fax paper and at least one CRT monitor.

#29     Jan 12, 2009
  10. +1 Having the actual bullion is a pain becuae when you sell the spread between the bid ask can be as high s 20%. A survey of a couple local shops were around 700 sell to them 990 buy from them. WTF! Amajor move would have to occur to catch a break even point. One thing about having a 1oz. it that they make nice card holders for poker.

Akuma

#30     Jan 12, 2009