Merkel - Hardly Any Countries Have Agreed To Put Money In The Efsf

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Nov 4, 2011.

1. If I were making the rules, "social support" would be "3 meals a day and a cot in a shelter"... not a "bigger check".

Wasn't it Benjamin Franklin who said, "the best thing we can do for the poor is to make them uncomfortable in their poverty"?

Meaning... of course we're not going to let anybody freeze or starve to death. But if they are given too much, they just become lazy, demanding, tit-sucking parasites. They need to have an incentive to better themselves by their own effort... not just "piss and moan... I want more" (that somebody else has to pay for).

:mad: :mad:

#11     Nov 4, 2011
  2. class comment from the grandpa:D

#12     Nov 4, 2011
  3. Grandpa worked for a railroad and raised 8 kids. Not only did he have the wisdom of a Will Rogers, he was pretty damned funny, too. :D

Grandpa also told me, "The world doesn't owe you a living. Make something of yourself".... Something the tit-suckers and OWS crowd seems to not understand.

#13     Nov 4, 2011
  4. Well, if you believe history is cyclical, it's quite possible the kids in their teens now will turn into your grandpa 50-60 years from now after we get thru the second Depression.

#14     Nov 4, 2011
  5. "Grandpa's Wisdom" is timeless. "Cyclical concerns" are mostly driven by the Fed. Most folks don't get it. What we perceive as "economic cycles" are merely artificial manipulations by the Fed.... mashing the monetary gas to promote inflation (called "growth", of course), then stepping on the brakes when things get too hot.

This time, however, almost nobody gets it.. "it REALLY IS different"...

#15     Nov 4, 2011
  6. Apart from the fact that this isn't supported by a shred of evidence, it's quite impressive that you're one of the few people who really really gets it.

#16     Nov 4, 2011
  7. So the people with the money don't want to throw good money after bad.

Perhaps that's why they are the ones with the money.

#17     Nov 4, 2011
  8. Butterball

Butterball

You forgot to mention that you also believe in the tooth fairy.

#18     Nov 4, 2011
  9. That a cute little joke or a dumbass statement which has put you one click away from my "ON IGNORE" list?

#19     Nov 4, 2011