Meredith Whitney Falters in Trying to Repeat Citigroup Success

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Oct 7, 2010.

1. nitro

nitro

I for one enjoy her commentary.

Anyone that has ever traded can sympathize - you are making a statement based only on facts that are in front of you, and that your nervous system has been trained by the market itself to show that your inputs and analysis are tuned in causation. Then, the unexpected happens - Japan intervenes in their currency, Obama shifts gear on Financial reform, The economy goes negative GDP on you after two consecutive positive numbers, a volcano erupts in Oslo, I mean, sheesh...

I think all of these people that have been in the markets a long time should be listened to, and then you have to try to get their assumptions out of them. Then, maybe, you can see where they might be wrong. Otherwise, they could easily be correct. Sometimes, they are even correct for some of the time, and wrong for another, and the time frame of their analysis gets confused.

Also, markets are similar to quantum systems, once something that was not known about them becomes public knowledge, the effect it has on that very market is strange, and it depends on whether it is 1985 or 2010!!!...Soros understands this - it is even more complex than "Reflexivity" though...

#11     Oct 7, 2010