Mercury in the Swine Flu Vaccine: Washington Post

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Let's not be silly, alright? There are no large movements of parents believing that ALF caused autism. There ARE, however, large groups of parents out there concerned about the linkage, otherwise you and I would not be having this debate. So if you're not going to be serious about this conversation, I'll just let you have the last word. This is one of the reasons I try to stay out of this stupid forum.

That's a good start. However there are several issues with that:

1. There is a study released almost every day that is counteracted by a study later on by more evidence being found, or different test subjects, or different variables, etc. How many times were we told to eat organic vegetables, only to hear in a recent study how organic food offers no real benefit over regular food - it's just a price scam?

2. Studies are often run by private interest that has a desire to release statistics in a way that favors their desired outcome.

3. There is still that anecdotal evidence you referred to of parents who swear that their child was affected by vaccinations, and this group is LARGE enough to make a concerned parent who doesn't know any different act in a particular way.

Once again, statistics is always our friend when we report stuff like 200 children have died around the world because of the decision to not vaccinate. First, while ANY child's death is tragic, 200 children dying from not being vaccinated could have been due to a particular outbreak all at once, who knows? And how does that compare to the potential children affected by vaccinating too early, or improperly?

We can't say because that report has not been found yet - and may never be.

#11     Jul 31, 2009