Menu bar

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by learner2007, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Before you changed ET to its current design, you had an additional menu bar at the bottom of the thread (Home Forum etc.). I don't know how others feel, but I find that having to scroll back up to the top of the page so often gets old after a while.
    Could you please consider reestablishing the menu bar or at least adding a 'back to top' icon at the bottom of the threads.

Thank you.

2. byteme

byteme

Some options:

1) Pressing the "Home" key should take you to the top of the page.
    2) Pressing "alt + left arrow" should take you to the previous page you were on. No need to keep clicking on the Forums link.
    3) Adding a browser toolbar bookmark to the "Forums" page of Elite Trader may help.
    4) At the bottom of threads there is a "jump to Forum" option that lets you jump directly to a specific forum at Elite Trader.

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

What exactly is it that you're having to scroll up to the top of the page to do? Go back to the home page?

4. Yes, when you get to the end of a thread you have to scroll back to the top of the page and click 'Home' to get back to the main page to go through the newly listed threads If you use the Forum Jump > Home it only takes you to the top of the forums page.

Thank you.

5. mxjones

mxjones

Ctrl+Home will get you there in a split second.

6. >byteme
    >mxjones

Thank you.

I was spoiled by the old format with the full menu bar at the bottom of the thread to where you could chose anything from Home to Contact Us with just one click.When going through a number of long threads I felt that the 1 click option makes life just that much easier.

Thanks for your suggestions though.