Mentorship in exchange for research/analysis work

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by longandshort, Oct 28, 2020.

1. I'm not asking for IP and I can pretty much guarantee that 99% of users here do not have an edge or have a strong grasp of market fundamentals & dynamics. I'm pretty much offering an unpaid internship.

#21     Oct 29, 2020
  2. qlai

qlai

I don’t think you provided enough info on your “professional” career, so I am with Mark for that reason.

#22     Oct 29, 2020
    Nobert and Dreadsen like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

"...I need some talent to help monitor and track ideas,..."

What is that supposed to mean? Why can't you do that yourself? What is so time-consuming about "monitoring ideas?!??!"

Did you put your message through a Dilbert jargonator before posting it?

" I am trying to maximize my resources and focus them on strategic broad-based thrusts in market monitoring and enhancement of metric optimization...

Etc etc AD NAUSUM!

#23     Oct 29, 2020
    Real Money likes this.
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

good thing it's not bourbon time yet i would have dumped my drink... lol

so disappointed when i googled and no such thing exist, but might be a good project omg so funny!

#24     Oct 29, 2020
  5. What are you, the king goblin of this forum lol? I don’t trade your silly “1 tick candle breakout” ideas. I said in my original post that I run global macro and long/short equity. If you’re not familiar with global macro and the level of research required to run a global macro strategy, then ask me and I can explain. Same goes for long/short equity.

#25     Oct 29, 2020
    777 likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

I'm pretty darn sure I did with the words "What, why, and what."

#26     Oct 29, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.
  7. You can message me and I’ll send you my LinkedIn.

#27     Oct 29, 2020
    qlai likes this.
  8. Okay that’s fair.

1. Global macro is a strategy uses economic signals to generate trade ideas. The signals are not derived from simple price trends but have to be considered within the context of an underlying theory, which makes it time consuming. Signal is more like a trigger, which then requires due diligence, before a trade can occur.

Example: theory that rate differentials drive fx trends— this is the popular “carry” trade. So you’d need an analyst to cover fx pairs, the central banks involved, and the economic performance of those countries/regions. This is not necessarily my trade but is similar in structure.

2. Long/short equity (more MM less TC) is about using an analytical edge (a la mosaic theory) in order to make bets on binary style events, or use scenarios to price present value. This takes a very robust understanding of an industry, securities analysis, and a scrappy mindset.

Hope this adds clarity to what I’m doing and why I need a group. However, as a pm I need to be able to direct idea generation, so it’s less “flat” and more “vertical” from an org perspective. However, all research done by the analyst would be theirs and they can use it to trade or to sell (seeking alpha pro, estimize, buy side folks, etc.).

#28     Oct 29, 2020
    madowhat and Overnight like this.
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

let's stop man i feel like a rapper beating on a chained up dog who had his ears chewed off. :(

have some popcorn let's see where this goes....

#29     Oct 29, 2020
  10. Dreadsen

Dreadsen

Help sponsor me for my Series 86 and Series 87 licenses and i'll give you a better deal than the one you are offering.

#30     Oct 31, 2020