Mentorship in exchange for research/analysis work

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by longandshort, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Fully discretionary but I have dealt a lot with systematic strategies so I’d want to use a hybrid system. A good way to see it is systematic idea generation with discretionary execution. Rationale is that I do not wish to capture beta returns of a trade — so I need to expand the idiosyncratic component of the expected return, while limiting macro or market risk.

#11     Oct 28, 2020
  2. In my case I have been a long time reader and never interested in commenting. I figured the guy is local to me so why not.

I am active in a few Facebook groups and prefer to keep things local since I tend not to like people.

#12     Oct 29, 2020
  3. Are you willing to bet money on this? :p

#13     Oct 29, 2020
    777 and Apologetik like this.
  4. Is it possible to edit the original post? Wanted to tweak/clarify a few things. Mods?

#14     Oct 29, 2020
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

well you either lied or broke the rules -

you stated long time lurker yet you just got an account yesterday as well the academic economist

or you have two login accounts which is a ban-able offense.

#15     Oct 29, 2020
    Dreadsen likes this.
  6. AFAIK a lurker means you read without posting. You don't need an account to read elite trader. You need an account to post.

#16     Oct 29, 2020
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

stop wasting time on me and find your holy grail - i'm sure it's here somewhere.

#17     Oct 29, 2020
  8. you are strange.

#18     Oct 29, 2020
    jtrader33 likes this.
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeah, so? As he said, you can lurk without having an account.

#19     Oct 29, 2020
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

don't believe it for a minute - he and this other guy are both scammers pulling a fast one one on the hopeful.

nothing will come from this other than them basically acquiring intellectual property under false pretenses.

wish i had thought of it myself but the mods here would have traced my ip and popped my ass. et is kinda like cnn there are insiders and outsiders and the forums fools are fodder.

#20     Oct 29, 2020