Mentorship (4th year still not profitable)

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by iamnewuser911, Nov 13, 2017.

1. 777

How can one study and aquire this skill?

#71     Nov 15, 2017
  2. tommo

tommo

There are a few courses that teach it, thedaytradingmentor.com nobsdaytrading.com also AXIA futures a prop firm in London have some youtube vids.

But ultimately there is nothing you can study and next week make money. Its a question of hours in front of the screen practicing and practicing i'm afraid. No shortcuts

#72     Nov 15, 2017
    777 likes this.
  3. Thank you all for taking your time to reply. Sorry for not replying earlier but I've every single post and truly appreciate it. I am talking to a few members.
    I am beyond thankful that they help me knowing I can give nothing in return and only become their competition (which I hope to!).

I have sent a few prop firms e-mails and will continue to learn as suggested, also picked up a few books, and lots ideas which I will test and study one by one. I will keep everyone posted on my journey and I will make it :)

Thank you all.

#73     Nov 15, 2017
    johnnyrock, timdug and 777 like this.
  4. 777

Absolutely!

Of course having a framework and correct ideas to think about helps many people, including myself. I will watch those videos.

Gary Kasoarov, Mohammed Ali, Ronda Rousey.. hey.. most of the greats in all fields. speak of putting in serrious work/ time, as well as having good coaching.

#74     Nov 15, 2017
  5. Simples

Simples

True, but it also depend on the student! I am of a particular complexity where mentors would simply give up, because I would anyways in time find my own path and not listen to sage advices - but I do pocket them all in my conscious subconscious, and do consider. Although do not have the capacity to try them all out!

Mentors/gurus are essential in life for meaningful progress. But we all have differences in how we function as teacher and student, so it is very non-linear what results come to be and how.

Regarding mentorship, it's more of a happening, than something that can be manufactured. Meaning in a deep mentoring relationship, there are qualities hard to replicate. So yes, while you can and should seek, there's no guarantees involved in any way how it'll turn out. What we hear of success stories and anecdotes, are hindsight and selection biased. Also please consider the fact that a mentoring relationship can be time-bound, it'll always have a definite ending, though we may or may not choose how that ending should be.

Beggars make poor students though.
    Best bet would be to ask yourself: How do I function as mentor, and how can I progress in my mentoring? When you give, so shall you receive...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    #75     Nov 15, 2017
    MACD and Sprout like this.
  6. Sprout

Sprout

Well said. The last paragraph describes the difference that makes the difference!

The energetic quality of abundance is distinct from that of scarcity. It’s a choice of focus.

It’s also the reason why the same strategy can produce entirely opposite outcomes, depending on the trader.

We attract what we focused upon.

#76     Nov 15, 2017
    MACD likes this.
  7. 777

Yes yes

But at the end of the day, this poster should seek out personal relationships with winners, perhaps seeking out- after massive research- the right office in a prop firm. All offices in a firm are not equal.

No reason to think he should simply backtest harder and try harder as there are obviously big holes that he is unaware of that are hard to totally remedy via posting.
    ___

Btw, Simples, I share some of your shortcomings and attributes.

Good post. Thanks.

__

Also...

Reading the posts Tommo has made on this thread 20 times, taking notes and, private messaging him would be smart!!!

In part because he is accurate and in part because he is offering a new way of looking at things.

#77     Nov 15, 2017
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

dead end

#78     Nov 15, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  9. 777

Re Prop Firms:

Aside from low costs and possible learning...

Even if you have a winning method:

You may need or desire to slosh around hundreds of thousands of dollars to make a good living and grow a bankroll.

Some slosh around millions each day. Many do not have this kind of money lying around in their IB account.

And

Need low costs

And

A professional platform

And

A support group of winners helps... maybe a better way will come along.. new ideas.. etc
    ___

WARNING

The wrong prop firm or even the wrong office will drain your emotions and money with

Shit training by losing traders that you will be charged for

Winning traders with no obligation or desire to help you

Commissions, fees that are killers

#79     Nov 15, 2017
  10. Simples

Simples

Any real trader potential will share those attributes.

However, being around those whom you want to emulate is often a good reciple, to become that which you want to emulate.

#80     Nov 15, 2017
    777 likes this.