Mentorship (4th year still not profitable)

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by iamnewuser911, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Just to assure you that there is no malice in my response,
    only best wishes to trade profitably and consistently, K?
    There are many ways to eat SuShi as you already know.... LOL

#251     Oct 1, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  2. Very good suggestion and very encouraging response.

But, what if, he/she has been wiped out a few times already,
    for being on the wrong side of whatever he/she traded?

What would you recommend next? Warm regards.

#252     Oct 1, 2018
  3. That you can also say it over and over again....

#253     Oct 1, 2018
  4. Wise indeed

#254     Oct 1, 2018
  5. schweiz

schweiz

I don't agree.
    • You should make on a regular basis an analysis of your progress.
    • You should also know why you do,or do not, progress.
    • You should be objective and/or ask if possible somebody else's opinion if he is familiar with trading.
    Just to avoid that you will never give up and realize just before you die that you lost your whole life in chasing a dream that was not realistic.
    All this does not mean you cannot continue for 10 years. It should mean that there is an objective reason for continuing. Some should better stop within 1 year while others might have good reasons to continue for many years.
    I personally hard a very hard time for almost 10 years.But I followed the three points mentioned above, and the conclusion was each time to continue. It proved to be the right decision.

The most difficult thing is to know when to stop or when to continue. Sometimes very hard to know what to do, because you are never sure you made the correct decision.

#255     Oct 1, 2018
    Bernard111 likes this.
  6. vinc

vinc

sure,sure..especially among mathematicians:)
    following the undefined..interesting case.for psychiatry:)

#256     Oct 2, 2018
  7. schweiz

schweiz

It is not following the undefined, it is just the opposite of that.Trend is defined. But unfortunatelly most see the trend only in hindsight.

As you cannot see it, it does not exist?
    You are an interesting case for psychiatry:)

#257     Oct 2, 2018
  8. tomorton

tomorton

I am consistently told either that trend-following doesn't work or that it used to work but now it doesn't. Maybe there are some environments in which it doesn't work - for one, I never look at intra-day charts so I can't say whether it works on that scale or not, I only trade long-term.

However, you might look at AUD/USD or NZD/USD or EUR/TRY or GBP/USD or the Dow chart or the Gold chart for the last 6 months and I think you'll find some pretty impressive trends. It would have been very hard to avoid making money trading these recently using a trend-following strategy.

#258     Oct 2, 2018
  9. schweiz

schweiz

In one timeframe the market can have an upward trend, a downward trend, or no trend at all.
    If there is no trend at all you should shift to another timeframe and there will be a trend. So there is ALWAYS a trend. But not always in the same timeframe.
    Each none trending period is part of a bigger trending wave.

#259     Oct 2, 2018
    murray t turtle, Onra and Sprout like this.
  10. Uber driver sounds fun. You can possibly live in your car too.

#260     Oct 5, 2018