Mentorship (4th year still not profitable)

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by iamnewuser911, Nov 13, 2017.

1. are you guys that bored? or is the market ranging on low volatility? I'm here cos stupid windows is pulling its 1~2hr update crap on me, this US open

seems like forum post count is a great way to tell trend from range :D

#191     Dec 6, 2017
    tomorton likes this.
  2. Camilo99

Camilo99

I will mentor you right now and for free: sorry, there are no systems or patterns that consistently work. Nobody makes money doing that. (although a lot of people would like you to believe otherwise because of business reasons). If you want to be successful, find an edge: but based it on something real. Something you can do very well to add value to the markets. Once you find it, go and trade based on that. But just stop looking for systems or patterns. Some of the things you can do are: be willing to take risks from the markets (ie, sell short side), do great fundamental analysis (ie, find the next company), etc. No patterns, systems, setups and definitively, it is not easy. If it was, you would not be able to make much money. That is why working at McDonalds is not very profitable. Because anybody can do that. Don't foul yourself into thinking otherwise. Question anybody's motivation if they tell you otherwise. Are they making any money out of you? Nobody can make money trading a pattern, a system, just putting a software to work on its own. If it was possible, it would be arbitraged quite quickly rendering it unprofitable or with very very thin margins.

Good luck and keep your feet on the ground!

#192     Dec 8, 2017
    murray t turtle and tortoise like this.
  3. tomorton

tomorton

Trend-following consistently works.

#193     Dec 8, 2017
    murray t turtle, soulfire and jl1575 like this.
  4. d08

d08

Your terminology is all over the place. You say "find an edge", "take risks" but not based on patterns or systems. Patterns and systems are taking risk just the same.
    So a guy sitting around in his underwear and clicking the mouse can make a living but the same guy writing software to find "patterns" can't? Interesting logic.
    Discretionary trading barriers to entry are even lower than writing trading algorithms based on patterns.

#194     Dec 8, 2017
    murray t turtle, MACD and soulfire like this.
  5. MACD

MACD

Your 28 per your profile. So you started at 12. No wonder you are very successful and post on youtube.

#195     Dec 9, 2017
    bone and d08 like this.
  6. yep when the tech bubble was going on at 12 i was buying calls on tech stocks :D

#196     Dec 9, 2017
  7. Peter10

Peter10

I love your will to learn and achieve success, I am quite a profitable trader, I don't know if I can be of any help, maybe you should pm me.

#197     Dec 10, 2017
  8. MACD

MACD

Spectre has provided a nice "Gift" here and it is worth studying. So this should be of interest to those that are sincerely looking to become consistently successful traders. Thanks Spectre2007

#198     Dec 10, 2017
  9. MACD

MACD

Thanks to timdug for his contribution here. Note that you might recognize that TimDug is an experienced trader who has worked for several well known Prop Firms in both Ireland and London.

#199     Dec 10, 2017
  10. %%
    I agree with about 80-88- 95% of that. But my comments are limited to stocks+ real estate.....PT Jones noted Bitcoin + fine art.I like redneck or green art myself, 3 polar bears on red Coca-Cola can+ green yahoo Mountain Dew art. NOT a stock tip. I dont know why they bring out red polar bears about SEPT/OCT-Not a prediction, . LOL I like thier blue bottled water or spring water. :caution::cool:

#200     Dec 11, 2017