Mentorship (4th year still not profitable)

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by iamnewuser911, Nov 13, 2017.

1. I've heard that said a million times. Now maybe that's true for scalpers being overrun by HFT.
    Other than that though I would say that an edge that stops working was actually not based on true price movement, and so it could not be expected to last in the first place.

#181     Dec 3, 2017
    tortoise, MACD, soulfire and 3 others like this.
  2. For example, I retired from the working world at 38. I started trading way before that though, and I'll continue to do so until that morning when I go face first into my pancakes! There's no way that I'll ever stop no matter how much I've made. Listen youngsters, after a certain age money means less and less. If you continue to trade, it's the thrill of winning, especially against the young ones with their AI, algos etc., that keeps you going. Additionally, I know that trading will keep me off the park bench trying to remember where I live! And if you are lucky enough to find someone who is really interested in learning to trade, it's quite fulfilling to help them and see them progress.

#182     Dec 3, 2017
    MACD, comagnum, Chris Mac and 4 others like this.
  3. sle

sle

You presented it as if that bit of “education” was crucial to their professional success. I have no idea if they’re good or not, but I am certain that taking a course with them is not going to materially influence your chances of getting a real job in finance (especially a job with a pnl responsibility).

#183     Dec 3, 2017
  4. timdug

timdug

Sle, I have to give it to you. You have now twice taken what I typed and put your new meaning on it.
    I never said that the education secures you or might increase your chance of getting a job in finance. I only shared the clients they have as way of endorsement of the quality and industry acknowledgement.
    What I type and what you think I am inferring are two different things.
    I only mean what I type, someones spin off of what I type. Sorry there were crossed wires on this.

I think the placement of past trainees who want to go on is pretty high. Most people on my course were very serious on getting jobs in finance or had worked in finance and wanted to go on to bigger institutions.
    The flakes will always flake though.

#184     Dec 3, 2017
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

"On MY course"?

#185     Dec 3, 2017
  6. timdug

timdug

Yep. I took a course with them.....

#186     Dec 3, 2017
  7. tomorton

tomorton

No, its not.

#187     Dec 5, 2017
  8. timdug

timdug

Jesus- even when presented with good education routes to get started on the right path, people here still shit all over it, question the hell out of it and seem to be more than happy to NOT suggest anything better. Getting very tired of the noise.

#188     Dec 5, 2017
    MACD likes this.
  9. it's interesting how you guys get riled up 'discussing' on the topic of mentorship. anyone else noticed that the op only posted twice in this now 19pg long thread :rolleyes:

#189     Dec 6, 2017
    MACD likes this.
  10. tomorton

tomorton

Never let trivial facts like that get in the way of a good argument!

And if someone's grammar can be criticised, so much the better!

#190     Dec 6, 2017
    happyscalpie and userque like this.