Mentorship (4th year still not profitable)

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by iamnewuser911, Nov 13, 2017.

1. tomorton

tomorton

May that day come soon for you. And us.

#151     Nov 26, 2017
  2. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

1. I have an awesome paper trading system.
    2. You said you would die for it! However, my question is whether or not you would be willing to KILL for it? That's the bar. Ask yourself, would you KILL for it?
    3. If you are willing to kill for my system the risk, to me, would be too great.
    Go long. It's a bull market! (Hat tip to @speedo)

#152     Nov 26, 2017
  3. sle

sle

LOL.

#153     Nov 26, 2017
    MACD, lawrence-lugar and Visaria like this.
  4. lcranston

lcranston

While it's true that the choices can be boiled down to trend and mean reversion, there needn't be a transition from one to the other; they can occur simultaneously given that a trend itself has a mean. And if one draws his trendline using Wyckoff's guidance (swing points), all this can be determined technically. For example, the NQ is currently heading toward the upper limit of its trend channel, having bounced off the lower limit the last week of October. The mean is 6300. The upper limit, as of now, is around 6480 (it will rise as the days go by since the channel is diagonal). One can argue about the placement of a trend line, but the point is that these things are watched, and reversals can be expected if and when price reaches these limits. Experience and common sense? Yes. Price doesn't always turn on a dime. But it pays to be aware of these aspects of mean reversion.

#154     Nov 27, 2017
    MACD likes this.
  5. Visaria

Visaria

By FT do you mean Financial Times? What do they trade?

McKinsey the management consultants, are they trading wheat futures these days?

Goldman does not engage in prop trading but according to you they are trading $20m of futures a day.

What you selling, Timdung?

#155     Nov 27, 2017
    MACD likes this.
  6. mnevis

mnevis

Interesting point of view, by saying this are you saying that 95% of the losing trader are troubled teenagers or dysfunctional adults ?

#156     Nov 27, 2017
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I believe those terms are all interchangeable.

#157     Nov 27, 2017
  8. baro-san

baro-san

Sorry, but I have to warn you: this is insane. There is so much more in life.

#158     Nov 30, 2017
  9. timdug

timdug

Im not selling anything. Good luck.

#159     Dec 2, 2017
  10. timdug

timdug

Yep

#160     Dec 2, 2017