Mentors

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Winston, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Winston

Winston

Curious as to how many traders here have had a mentor. Not a chat room subscription but a real time mentor and if so, roughly, how was the training, physically side by side or on-line, pay, upfront or payments. Finally how was the experience?

2. the people here on ET are my mentors. let's face it, most posters are not profitable, but you can learn a lot from them.

3. jaredand

jaredand

I had a mentor and it was the only reason I succeeded. I had taken a trading class prior to it and just lost money every day. When I met up with my mentor, I started making money almost right away. Seeing is believing. Only way to really learn.

4. tampa

tampa

I resent that remark.

5. Ok, let me clarify: There are members on ET from whom you will only learn that the human species still has a lot of evolving to do.

6. tampa

tampa

That's exactly what I resented - too close to home.

7. balda

balda

jaredand,

Who is your mentor and how much?:)

8. jaredand

jaredand

My mentor doesn't trade anymore. He doesn't need to. He used to work for the firm so I did not incur any training fees. The commissions included it.

9. prox

prox

A true trader mentor is priceless and can accelerate one's learning by years. I would be suspicious of any mentor that doesn't trade full time, though .. especially if they charge their services.

10. Winston

Winston

Where would one find a mentor if not working for a firm?

#10     Nov 30, 2002