Mentoring From Main Street

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Zulu, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Zulu

Zulu

Any opinion or comments on the Mentoring Programs offered by Toni Hansen at TFMS trading room.
    Feedback appreciated

You can PM if don't want to make public comments through the forum .

2. balda

balda

they used to offer 2 weeks trial. try it.

I tried it about year ago. They give you plenty of time before the trade, explain set up in advance as it unfolds and if it doesn't work they do not take a trade. (I am talking about Futures trading room) with defined profit and stop loss. I never seen them do anything I couldn't follow. and they were honest about P&L at the end of the day. some trade were good some were bad. Brandon provides a lot of explanation about what he does and why he does it. I'd recommend it for any newbie because you are getting in a trading room with someone who trades every day.

3. Zulu

Zulu

Thx for the quote.

Actually I'm interested into know about their mentoring courses more than the trading room services their provide.

4. Zulu

Zulu

Somebody else ?

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, go for it

6. Why don't you just ask him for results he gets in his own account. If someone is going to charge you to teach them how to trade, then they should show their personal results first.

Trading is not a sport. Sports someone can lack the skill and have the know how to get others success. The reality is though, if they have the skill (athletic ability) they would achieve success.

Trading is all know how, no athletic ability needed. So when someone sells you the theory of being a coach when it comes to trading, be VERY VERY cautious and only do it if they GUARANTEE results.

IMO

7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I agree with Mike in part. Hanging out in somebody's chat room and reading their articles and books and watching them trade and studying their setups is one thing.

But when you enter into a mentor/"mentee" relationship with somebody, particularly if that somebody is going to inundate you with "shoulds" and "ought tos" and "need tos", you should/ought/need to find out first if this person knows what the hell he's talking about, and that means a verifiable trading record.

Loads of people can talk the talk. But you want evidence that whomever you're considering can actually do it. Otherwise, it's just snake oil.

OTOH, nobody can guarantee success for you. At some point, you have to pick up the ball and run with it. If you run into a wall, the mentor may or may not have contributed to it. Mentors are not, after all, psychotherapists. But you'd have to be crazy to give somebody money if all they're giving you is hearts and flowers.

8. monetoz

monetoz

Brandon seems to be a legit (honest) vendor.

9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Doesn't really matter whether he's honest or not. There are lots of honest people around who don't have superior trading records. And one expects more from a mentor than from a chatroom moderator, particularly given what they charge.

10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Either of us (Toni or I) would be happy to talk to you on the phone if you would like about the program. PM me and I will give you the number. We can also provide referances for every person that has participated in the program and you can contact them if you like, even the three that where not happy.

Brandon

#10     Apr 27, 2004