Mentor(s) and help?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bltrading, Jul 3, 2003.

1. I am new to posing in the forums and trading(2 years). I have been lurking and doing searches here for a couple months and am glad I found somewhere where successful traders meet. I have even seen a couple names I've recognized from books I've read.

Little about myself:
    I got involved in the markets when I lost around 80k in my 401k plan due to the bubble blow up. I worked for one of those companies and owned stock through the 401k. I was once around 120k and it went all the way to 40k. I then decided that it would never happen again and that I would learn about the markets. I deposited 10k into an Ameritrade account and ran it up to 16k in before blowing that account up and going down to 5.8k left. I withdrawed what was left and quit trading. I quit trading for 8 months to learn tech. analysis and proper trading strategies and for the past 2 months I have been trading successfully with Tradestation in an IRA account. (It's the 40k stake I had left that I rolled over to the account.)
    During my studies - I've read several, several books - Trading in the Zone, Money management of top traders, Rules of the Trade, Reminisces, and a couple other 1900-1920's contrarian books to name a few. I've also studied charts and tech. analysis tiringly for the past year. Chart after chart after chart, hours upon hours a day.
    I am a swing trader mostly - I cut my losses to where I lose no more than a half percent of my account on any one trade, I don't throw more than 10% of my total account at any one trade either. Use a 3:1+ risk/ratio. I am currently studying daytrading, swing trading techniques.
    I believe I am well on the way to being successful - I know it's myself and my emotions that I have to overcome, not the markets.
    What I am looking for is a experienced trader who is making a living at trading and been in the game awhile, and someone I can TRUST, who is willing to help me through the rough seas new traders go through. I will listen and work as hard as I have been. I'm not looking for a free lunch, just someone who is generous enough to offer advice at times. I've been flying solo all this time and I'd like someone at the end of the day to talk to about what I'm doing to make sure I'm on the right path.
    I'm not too proud to ask for help, and I would sincerely appreciate any help, mentorship available. Please, I don't need any bashing, flaming, or advertising - I'm just asking for help and if anyone would like to, they can email or pm me. Again, I would appreciate your time. Trading is what I want to do with my life...

P.S. - If anyone can point me somewhere outside of this site for help, I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks!

2. www.firetraders.com
    It is a Trade Radio program on the internet. You get input as to the market throughout the day. Picks for swing and daytrading and trading education.

3. BL,

You can contact me through my link on my profile page.

Gary

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

check with Niha