Mentor Required

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by utl1, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Waahaha!

That's right. You can get mentoring with Oliver Velez and/or Greg Capra from Pristine in that price class, for $15,000 a week I think. Methinks if you hire both, you get them for $25K a week or so, isn't that a great deal? I mean, you get REAL mentoring with REAL trading mentors! They're not just some mentors, they've specialized in the field and mentored hundreds of people in trading, not to mention all the trading books they've written!

You see, they're so good at this, they don't even need to trade themselves! AFAIK neither of them have traded since 1998 or so (at which time they gave up because they reportedly blew their accounts several times), but that doesn't matter. The post-bubble market is so much easier you know, stocks move only cents at a time, you have little to worry about with real trading mentors like Olly & Greg.

You know what, Nana Trader: The reason why I believe in my mentor being very genuine one is because I've never been charged a cent. In fact, my mentor taught me how to reach for the stars in this business, yet vehemently refused ever taking any compensation. What is the reason for mentoring me you'd say? Well, I asked, my mentor thought I had more potential, and wanted to pass on oodles (basically half a life) of trading experience, before passing away. Not to mention you can learn a lot by teaching others. As it says: Docendo Discimus. If you can find this kind of mentor, you'll know what you're at.

But as a bottom line I'd say getting a mentor is the best step I ever did in my life. Don't listen to people who say mentorship is not required. The best sportlers out there are people with coaches who were ace athletes themselves in their younger years. You can learn things the hard way, but it will take you 25+ years to get anywhere. If you take a mentor, you can shave 20+ years off that learning curve and then start from there. In 5 years time, you'll be way ahead of most ppl out there.

Anybody who finds a genuine mentor, will not regret it.

Good Luck,
    Scientist.

#21     Nov 23, 2003
  2. I don't need to comment on GG. Most ET memebrs know him.

I said when i am consistant profitable, that means i am not
    profitable trader yet and i never think of mentoring any ET
    member even in future, because they will flame you at ET, if
    they are unsatisfied.

You have to consider that lot of people like friends, relatives,
    customers who are ready to pay someone whom they trust,
    instead of losing that money to some monkeys in wall.St.

I have many guys around me who are ready to make deal,
    but i told them that i am not ready for this yet.

I just need a sound track record for several monthes in daytrading.

#22     Nov 23, 2003
  3. These pristine guys are just good for talking. well,
    i'm not sure if they have somthing hidden of real
    value for mentoring their one on one customers

I have gone trough all their training CDs, tapes,
    and the book, all it's all repeatation of each other.
    I belive that their swing trading and core trading
    predictions works, but for lower time frams they
    don't have no clue what works in today's crazy
    roller coaster curves that market produce.

#23     Nov 23, 2003
  4. Is there any books for "How to find a trading mentor and also know/evaluate whether (s)he is a genuine one - before losing your shirt"? :(

#24     Nov 23, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Sparky, if you have "many guys" around you who are willing to make a deal right now, you'd better take the money and run. If you're going to charge that kind of money, you're going to need a hell of a lot more than "several months" of successful trading.

#25     Nov 23, 2003
  6. Nana Trader, I hope you realize I was being ironic about the Pristine boys... :confused:

I have read one of their books (... Master Daytrader) and chucked it into the corner the next day.
    It's the first book bought for myself which I ever gave away in my life.

I mean, if you want to pay horrendous prices for toilet paper, buy Pristine's books.
    But if you're smart and economical, you can buy 6 rolls of even the best brand for $2 in the supermarket.
    Beats the crap out of Pristine's $20+ a pop any day. Literally.

Good Fortunes,
    Scientist.

#26     Nov 23, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Wouldn't matter. Most people who are looking for mentors are seeking them for the wrong reasons. Therefore, they're screwed going into it.

#27     Nov 23, 2003
  8. How about the last six months???

AMEN!

#28     Nov 23, 2003
  9. Damn good point. Most people looking for "mentors" are really just looking for a messiah to show them how to make $.
    Trading isn't primarily about making $, it's primarily about superior behavioral performance and adaptive flexibility.
    Once this is achieved, money then comes plentiful, but it always remains secondary to performance.
    Remember, at the end of the day you're just doing a job, and you get paid according to how well you do the job, not vice versa.

I suggest instead trading for a couple of years first, to learn the basics about trading.
    I tell you, any mentor who pretends he/she isn't bothered teaching you the basics, is a fake!

~S

#29     Nov 23, 2003
  10. Even then i won't promise them of any 100% success, because
    they might not be born to be a trader mentally and it wouldn't
    be my fault.

Can you take money and run from your friends and relatives?:mad:
    you you you ... i don't know what to say

#30     Nov 23, 2003