Mentor or trading buddy

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by improvingstops2, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ammo

ammo

have done the round the clock with 3 or 4 hr naps for a few days,totally wipes you out,it disrupts your body clock,lose all your sharpness,at this point trading becomes more dangerous than profitable and you have to stop ,its like driving at nite with little or no sleep,chance of dozing off is lethal,can't underestimate value of sleep

#11     Jun 26, 2011

2. OK amigo, I'll abide by your wishes in the PM to post to the thread.

Thanks for pointing me to the entire PM thread - yes, I did recognize the name but could not really place it until today's PM.

The alleged offensive post was either deleted or moved to Politics. Done.

You sound serious about what you are doing, so I'll match it.

#12     Jun 26, 2011

3. But the posts keep getting deleted

#13     Jun 28, 2011
  4. So there is no choice but to play the game ....

You are the best trader at ET. You are so good that you enthrall me. You will be billionaire by age 50.

All new traders make hundreds of thousands in the markets. Well done.

Thanks for gracing us with your presence and prescience.

Adios.

#14     Jun 28, 2011
  5. I don't get it.
    You say your making 1-3k a day, but cant seem to find a happy medium in life?
    Why don't you just trade 1-3 days a week then take the rest off and take up a hobby or volunteer
    It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.
    Trying to impress people with p/l is just a sure fire way for people to be rude.
    And with the way your presenting it, is just doltish.
    Just my opinion

#15     Jun 28, 2011
  6. Oh man. This thread speaks the truth. I've been there. Lack of sleep and exercise can kill your mental focus.

I'm a little confused by the spreadsheet question? Spreadsheet for recording trades or activity?

#16     Jun 28, 2011
  7. I haven't been back to this thread, since the weekend... deadbroke dude. I haven't been asking for further posts to be deleted, either, only that first one when you called me a liar in bold caps. I PM'd you immediately after that giving some background, and asking you to take it back, but I never heard back from you. I'll put it down to a misunderstanding, and wish you well.

It's ok, I've learnt a fair bit from people on this thread, and I'm trying to revamp a few things. Thanks to those kind enough to contribute. My consistency/profitability since kinda hitting the wall due to the late nights has been poor-therefore, I started the thread to get more ideas.

Ultimately, I must be tougher/smarter.

athlonmank8-spreadsheet for discipline about general things, not trading. I am trying to force myself back to a better fitness/concentration level again, and thought a few weeks of external pressure would help. However, best is that I do it myself. I hiked 90 minutes on Sunday, and today. So, started.

Tradethoven-nothing wrong with sharing sometimes, to try to improve one's approach or clear the mind. I am not perfect.

#17     Jun 28, 2011

8. Heh, no biggie, but what's the point if you tell me to answer in the thread as opposed to PMs, but then don't like what I say?

I gave you the truth in my very first post and yes in CAPS for certainty on my part.

Watch this get deleted too - your $1-3k/day translates to $20-60k/month - with that kind of income you wouldn't complain with even a cock in your ass.

Trading is not for pussies - the market is much meaner or far more cruel than the alleged cruelty of the dead one.

no hard feelings on my part, amigo :) :)

#18     Jun 28, 2011
  9. I'm in a fckin convent.

#19     Jun 28, 2011
  10. off out, just a quick reply, this should all be done via PM. I never said by PM I wanted a long chat on my thread. You haven't sent any PM in reply.....this is all off topic.
    Anyway, I did have that kind of progress going as I told you in PM, but have been churning in recent weeks after getting exhausted, going sideways. July, yes, a new month.

#20     Jun 28, 2011