Mentally Challenged Trader X-Treme Profits Dot Com

Discussion in 'Journals' started by garchbrooks, Apr 6, 2010.

1. HAI want to trade me ur edge for a quant system on NBA?

#41     May 2, 2010
  2. +$45.54

Stressful day. Should have been down 30, but caught a lucky break. I'll take it.

#42     May 3, 2010
  3. Did not trade, had outside business. Kind of regretting not being able to trade, seeing as the market really moved today. Could have been some serious profit.

#43     May 4, 2010
  4. +$5.65.

I panicked a little today when 'X' was running up against me. I overrode my system because of fear. Had I not overrode the system, the end of day profit would've been something like -$40 or so. But by mid day, I was down $81.

But I did two things in discretionary-land that, well, fall into the land of mentally challenged behavior. However, I felt like both moves were necessary. I knew there was fear in the opening, so I bought the opening-price re-try breakout of VXX and sold that quickly. Then I scalped VXX at the end of the day, waited for it to run up, and kept diming my way out of the hole.

I'm taking steel out of the mix, because it simply has not been acting right lately and I really don't know why.

#44     May 5, 2010
  5. I was up $2000, then ended up down $47.

I was long VXX, but got caught on GD. I've never experienced anything like this in my life. All of my other hedges worked. I don't know what to think, but I am happy I got away with this.

#45     May 6, 2010
  6. +68.57.

I will not be trading the next 3 days. Starting a part-time job.

#46     May 7, 2010
  7. -$66 yesterday.

I got a really weird fill and that had me red most of the day. Was way off the mark. My automated strategy is simple and relies on market orders. I haven't finished writing the code to use limit orders correctly. Therefore, occasionally stuff like this happens. It's on the list of to-do items.

We'll see how today goes.

#47     May 14, 2010