Mental Case

Discussion in 'Journals' started by truber, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Jdesey

Jdesey

no problemo.... if my entry is solid, and I broke none of my rules, then I have to have confidence of the trade. Look at your statistics to confirm, hopefully you have a higher percentage of winners vs losses or BE. here's the OTHER very important change I had to make....once I hit the target or the stop and the trade is over, I DO not play the "what if" game. I only trade the ES. Sure tons of times I take a a 3 point profit and it takes off higher/lower and would have been a bigger gain. BUT I had to learn that the trade is over, it does not matter, just wait for the next trade signal.

#21     Jun 26, 2017
  2. truber

truber

I think thats a rule I need to put in place starting tomorrow. It'll make me think long and hard about punching out if knowing I cant get back in until the next setup.

Thank you! Beers on me if you are ever in Boston.

#22     Jun 26, 2017
  3. Sprout

Sprout

Do you do your trading from tables? If not, would you post a screenshot of a chart that you monitor?

#23     Jun 26, 2017
  4. 322170

lower your position size and get more comfortable trading your system
    in my opinion it sounds like your concentrating way too much on the money

remember some trades work and many trades don't - if you did what you were supposed to do and did not deviate then its considered a good trade regardless of the outcome

winning doesn't make you a winner - and losing on a trade or a series of trades doesn't make you a loser. ( this is important during a systems drawdown period )

#24     Jun 27, 2017
    truber and Gotcha like this.
  5. volpri

volpri

These are mental errors compounded by emotions. Your mind is tripping you up. The answer is detachment from your trades providing you have a proven system in place. So, if you in fact have a viable system, with an edge, then detachment should do the trick.

#25     Jun 27, 2017
    truber likes this.
  6. truber

truber

Here is an example of my 3 minute chart with alerts set on the average cross overs. I also have a 15 sec. 1 hour and daily, weekly. I plot support and resistance as well.

#26     Jun 27, 2017
  7. truber

truber

Scalped XIV today for good gain from the lows before the bottom fell out again. Will be watching futures and setup to enter XIV in AH. Another rule put in place suggested by Jdesey worked like a charm. It kept me patient.

#27     Jun 27, 2017
  8. Jdesey

Jdesey

thankx...glad it helped, today was a super good day for ES traders like myself

#28     Jun 27, 2017
    truber likes this.
  9. Sprout

Sprout

Thank you for the effort.

All indicators are lagging by virtue of the math involved. However they can provide some usefulness depending on the perspective.

If you put these indicators up on your chart and repost, we can start the process of orienting by sequence of events as an alternative to a more traditional time-based orientation.

Also, I think a couple posts down in that thread are a blank log and a completed one. You can use any time-frame 5min and above.

To all thee would-be traders out there....

#29     Jun 27, 2017
  10. truber

truber

Here the chart. Tradestation has three Stoch indicators. Fast, Slow and Double slow. I used Fast and Slow. Let me know which you would recommend.

#30     Jun 27, 2017