Men, Women, Divorce, and Trading in 2012

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jinxu, Aug 18, 2012.

Should I get Married?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. No

56 vote(s)
    83.6%
  1. My answer to the original thread re-posted

Don't worry for now, at your age you probably have twenty good years with her.

Actually it won't get vicious until the women get to about 45 y/o.
    Then they lose it and will go for blood, and they will take down anyone in their way without mercy on the most relentless,destructive mission ever witnessed.
    You will be left broke, homeless, and paying huge support for years.
    She will turn everyone on you and McDonalds will be a good night out for you.
    Her mission won't end until she witnesses your padded room.

Oh,BTW.... congrats on your upcoming marriage, all the best.:D

#11     Aug 18, 2012
  2. A, Both participants usually are deeply in love prior to marriage. Seldom do people who despise each other get married...

B, Pre marriage = unconditional agreement // Post marriage = conditional EVERYTHING...

C, No worries, if you have your doubts now pre-marriage, rest assured they will be confirmed after...

D, If companionship is what you are after, get a dog.... and rent the "kitty" ...

E, Unless you desire Children, there is no reason to get married. If "Love" is so strong, time shouldn't matter...

#12     Aug 18, 2012
  3. themickey

themickey

22 years I've been divorced.
    When the kids came along when married, I was lucky to get it twice a month.
    I've lost count truly, of the amount of 'girlfriends' I've had since then, If there was a notch in the bed headboard for every root since then, the headboard would be turned to sawdust.

#13     Aug 18, 2012
  4. You are doing it the hard way which will take years.

Just go out and find a woman you hate and buy her a house.

#14     Aug 18, 2012
  5. Hopefully you are not getting married to have regular sex and housework done, it would be pathertic ! Not to mention that a whore and a maid twice a week in the long run it will cost you a lot less in terms of money, headaches and time.

Read below, all of it, totally worth it and you'll find your answer:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169305&highlight=loki

#15     Aug 18, 2012
  6. Yeah, at least the maid will give you pussy and the whore will take all your money ...and your still free to live.

#16     Aug 18, 2012
  7. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

OP should really heed this comment. If you're looking for fun, freedom and sex, marriage is not going to be the best fit for you, especially when kids come along. You can be a single guy for a long time nowadays and no one cares.

However, if you know your gal completely loves you and has total fidelity, then marriage can be worth it if you know what you're getting into. If there's any chance of divorce, then for sure a prenup and you should think long and hard about going through with it. Marriage is about kids, commitment and sacrifice.

BTW: at 25, that's a good age because she might not have a lot of baggage yet. I'm assuming you're older, which is good for you since you might get a more committed marriage.

#17     Aug 18, 2012
  8. d08

d08

That worry of her being a gold-digger is your intuition, trust it. Marriage can always wait.

#18     Aug 18, 2012
  9. What happened to responsibility and raising the next generation?

At some point, shouldn't those considerations enter the picture as well?

#19     Aug 18, 2012
  10. Random Capital,

Not at all. Not everyone is able to hold and carry that responsability...Thank God !

And there is nothing wrong with taking less responsabilities to enjoy life a little more.

#20     Aug 18, 2012