Memory keeps running low all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jmiles301, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Hey gang,

I have a quad 2.4 with 6GB of RAM running on Win7.. I've had it set-up this way for some time and haven't had any issues with it.

Now, all of a sudden I keep getting these error messages after my computer runs for a few hours. It goes away after I restart and then that cycle repeats.

After going into the Task Manager, the only thing I see is that Google might be the problem, but I'm not tech savvy and really don't know what is causing this to happen..

Any thoughts?

2. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Google is eating you alive. Uninstall the browser, use Bing and record a memory usage benchmark. Then reinstall Google if you want. Compare.

3. I'd suggest just trying Bing first... before uninstalling the browser.

4. nth

nth

If it was me..
    It sucks messing around with that kinda stuff. I'd setup OS on one partition, personal data on another or external. Reformat saves lots of time messing around. I like a nice clean directory.

5. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

After thinking about it, I'd recommend the following: Listen to Scat.

LOL How are ya buddy?

6. Run the command "msconfig", click the Startup tab, and uncheck all the programs you don't need running at boot time.

You can also download and install CC Cleaner. Do a full clean of the system, registry, browser caches, and hard drives.

Then reboot and see how things go.

7. Buy more ram; it's cheap.

8. CC Cleaner can cause more registry problems than it fixes if one is not careful. Considering OP's "tech savvy" not so sure that is a good recommendation for him.

9. Thanks for the replies everyone. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to start off by keeping it simple and just see if I can make it work by simply limiting the programs that automatically start up on a boot.

Hopefully that works... if not, then I will consider reformatting or buying more RAM.

Thanks again.

10. You wouldn't be running Bitdefender would you? (I didn't see bdagent.exe) I had BD 2013 on my system for awhile and after a few days it would slowly consume 2-3 GB of memory. 5 days after boot with no major apps running I had an idle usage of over 4GB and growing.

#10     Mar 18, 2014