Membership Quality Index Poll

Discussion in 'Trading' started by VisionTrader, Jul 19, 2003.

1. This poll will help all who use Elite Trader guage the quality of the membership and the information received. We have over 17,000 members here. Many rely on this forum as a means of furthering their trading ambitions or established career.

I think many who come here have set a goal to become a real Elite Trader. While this has different meaning to different folks, to many it means calling trading your profession and deriving your well-being from the industry.

In order for this to be valuable, you must answer honestly. I believe most will, for we are all good people at heart. If you choose to answer dishonestly, you can be assured that a wrath unlike any you have ever known will come upon you and the Trading God will make sure you reap what you sow.

Thanks to all the helpful members out there who make this a nice place to visit in a lonely profession.

2. Vision, seems to me you need an extra category. Those 95% of traders who don't make money (I would be in that category so far). Have been at it full time for about 12 months but have not turned a profit (kinda breakeven, so still trying). I certainly find this board very helpful (most of the time) and hope I can contribute something useful over time. - rcm

3. Hmmm. Didn't think of that. Makes sense. I am assuming you are capitalized to survive for a period of time at breakeven (or worse) just like any business should be. Having the capital makes perfect sense and is the right thing to do I would think.

Can I ask the moderator to add this category......

I am a full-time trader. I derive my income from my trading account. I have been trading for 3 years or less and am not yet profitable.

Is this okay??

4. Delete the middle sentence, otherwise the 3 sentences are inconsistent (not profitable, so unless one is drawing a salary before determining profitability, one can't be deriving an income). The 1st and last sentence are enough. - rcm

5. Are you sure. Read it again. It says "Trading Account" not trading. Income has to be coming from somewhere doesn't it.

6. How about "I am a wanna-be intellectual without a trading account who really doesn't know jack s**t" :D

7. Ok, even if some one goes honest, this vote should be still biased because a profittable guy wants to vote, and a beginner or unprofittable guy would hesitate to declair the fact and just see the result.

8. If you have a better idea, we're all ears.

9. Do you know Jack?

Please check "None of the above apply"

10. Here it is.

#10     Jul 22, 2003