Meltdown Europe

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Brendan R, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Did any of you read the article? The Euro looks more vulnerable than the US dollar. Current price action tends to support that notion.

#11     Oct 26, 2008
  2. Cesko

Cesko

It doesn't matter. Just few months ago the U.S. was destroying "innocent" world by debasing USD. Or (going by other school of "thought") the U.S. was finnished (EUR/USD). And now the very same EUR/USD is menacing the "innocent" world again.

Safe, happy, basically content world still in the claws of unbridled greedy American capitalist monster.
    :D :D :D :D

Now I would really like to read Southamerica's take on EUR/USD. Better than watch MadTV.

#12     Oct 26, 2008
  3. YEN,YUAN and Swiss franc will emerge

#13     Oct 26, 2008
  4. A graphic that has me concerned is this:

[​IMG]

#14     Oct 26, 2008
  5. very interesting graph from a very good source

#15     Oct 27, 2008
  6. also from the Telegraph:

The financial crisis spreading like wildfire across the former Soviet bloc threatens to set off a second and more dangerous banking crisis in Western Europe, tipping the whole Continent into a fully-fledged economic slump.

Currency pegs are being tested to destruction on the fringes of Europe's monetary union in a traumatic upheaval that recalls the collapse of the Exchange Rate Mechanism in 1992.

#16     Oct 28, 2008
  7. just came back from Europe and it looks like "smart" people have started looking for where their euros come from and who's backing them.

On Euro banknotes you can check which national central bank is backing it.

People don't want notes backed by what they deem the weakest members.

#17     Nov 2, 2008
  8. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

This is an old story from the telegraph
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...doubt-as-Germans-reject-Latin-bloc-notes.html
    and the informations contained there are COMPLETELY WRONG. The serial numbers don't work the way they say, you can't trace back the central bank with those numbers.

When you opened the thread I hardly believed you.
    Now that you pick up this thread with this false information, I don't believe you at all.

I think you are spreading false information and you should explain to the forum what are your intentions.

#18     Nov 2, 2008
  9. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

My business is in Italy, and we just ended the month of October 2008 with the same turnover of October 2007.
    And this year we also feel the pressure of a very strong direct competitor.
    This year we'll have the same profits of last year.
    Moreover we need to hire some worker, and we are having a lot of difficulties to find someone.
    We hardly see any crisis.

Instead we hear stories from some friends of ours in the United Kingdom, they tell us what's happening there, and it is absolutely disastrous in comparison to Italy.

I'm full italian, and I don't believe you, sorry.

#19     Nov 2, 2008
  10. dhpar

dhpar

well let's be honest - who would ever believe anybody of french descent?

#20     Nov 2, 2008