Melt Up

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, May 16, 2007.

Melt up

1. I'm in and holding

16 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. I'm in and trading the pullbacks long

19 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. I'm shorting and getting killed

21 vote(s)
    26.9%
  4. I'm in cash

22 vote(s)
    28.2%
  1. BRE-X I remember reading that online

amazing price surged from a few cents to $100 before collapsing to $2

#11     May 16, 2007
  2. hajimow

hajimow

I was one of the victims of that stock. That was a big blow to me in my early years of trading. Lost 13K on that. The stock went from $18 CAD to $2 and then to 5 cents and then got delisted. That is why I always like to short than buying. 70% of the time I am short. I prefer to find overpriced stocks and short. I prefer to short AMZN than shorting DJ these days.
    OIH is my other short. Gas market is obviously being manipulated. Oil price is not that high but gas is in all time high. Manipulators try to create tension and generate news to push the oil price up.
    1- Unrest in Nigeria presidential election.( 6 weeks ago)
    2- Terrorist plot in Saudi Arabia (a month ago)

#12     May 16, 2007
  3. bighog

bighog Guest

Stocks are having fun on the way up. These things end just as fast. Internet bubble, nifty Fifty etc. make sure you guys that buy late get out early when you see the reversal.

Sure, they do, they ring a bell when it hits the top. .. :D

#13     May 16, 2007
  4. hajimow

hajimow

Many of us want to prove the gloomy side of the economy to prove that the correction or market reversal is coming. I just believe the opposite. There is no need to do that. Market is going much ahead of a good economy. My 401K is up 12% YTD which is too much. Market can not go up %2 a week even in a good economy. So be prepared to see good news in the economy and big market sell off.

#14     May 16, 2007
  5. http://www.nowandfutures.com/fed_watch.html

#15     May 16, 2007
  6. Ansare

Ansare

Let me see if I get this straight. You're suggesting we take a Goldman Sachs report as gospel?

That's funny.

#16     May 16, 2007
  7. ok if you had TO BET YOU"RE ENTIRE BANK ROLL, who would have the balls to sell @1526-1550? I leg into my biggest sale @ 1551-1660? who's with me?

#17     May 16, 2007
  8. this is for a swing trade as well. mak stock eqt s2007 anyone?

#18     May 16, 2007
  9. "Let me see if I get this straight. You're suggesting we take a Goldman Sachs report as gospel?"

Hardly, all you have to do is open your eyes to see the decoupling.

#19     May 17, 2007
  10. So true. They got outright personal in that thread of yours and started calling names quickly (and of course also the end of the world). Then we stop going down.... and go right back up and they disappear. Happens all the time!! So funny.

#20     May 17, 2007