Melt Up

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Samson77, Jul 28, 2005.

1. I think the quote is:

"The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."

--Lord J. M. Keynes--

PS: that being said ....... I'm adding negative delta in here (after bailing ((rolling)) some too)

#21     Jul 28, 2005
  2. Yessssssssss! Oh how I miss his 20-line signature.

#22     Jul 28, 2005
  3. NKNY

NKNY

I know exactly how you feel...You cant use logic in trading.

#23     Jul 28, 2005
  4. Its amazing because you are not looking at it from another angle,

$60 Oil - most household just no longer drive because they are cash strapped by their mortgage :)

Yuan floated - everything become at least 50% cheaper as the banks in China all goes bankrupt for their books are all cooked up in their valuation by 90% :cool:

Interest rate - a by-product of the currency, and as Yuan crash, no inflation nor interest rate hike :p

Do not take it so seriously - if you cannot figure it out, take a break :D

Lawrence after a few glasses of wine

#24     Jul 28, 2005
  5. TGregg

TGregg

Amen to that. Curiously, there's a fib retracement line up at 1253 or so on the S&P, bounce off of that tomorrow?

#25     Jul 28, 2005
  6. CHARRRRRRGE!!!!!......ATTACK!!...ATTACK!!

#26     Jul 29, 2005
  7. market not allowed to go down until Greenie secures his place in history...

order is to 'let market do whatever it wants, just don't let it go down"

100% up room to go $

#27     Jul 29, 2005
  8. Why so, all you have to do is go long the market if your having problems trading.

You could of also took my calls based on firm DD/homework provided for free to go long STRA or MSTR into earnings which are both up over 17% since.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52977

Opportunities are out there and the market is getting easier to trade and coin with the bullish rally in housing, oil, biotech, stock exchanges (CME, AX, NDAQ), and now the S&P and Naz. Just ride the trends and do homework. I think too many traders overthink the market and their trading.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52977

#28     Jul 29, 2005
  9. Only 100%? you're a mook. Wait till the housing money pours back into the market. Stocks are gonna have 30 and 50 and 100 point ranges in a day again. We're gonna party like its 1999.

#29     Jul 29, 2005
  10. This is what I have as the minimum target.
    So far, this has been the best one month move in the S&P since 12/2003. A MONTHLY CLOSE above 1220 insures that the bullish tone will continue to the S&P. Over the shorter term, the market should find support at 1232.00

#30     Jul 29, 2005