Mel Gibson: "Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PLATO2, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, they feel peace would be achieved if Israel did not exist. Aren't you watching the anti-war rallies in San Francisco? These people are screaming this from the rooftops.

#31     Jul 30, 2006
  2. There is a belief that there might be peace if Israel did not act the way they did.

That is not the same as wishing Israel was blown off the map.

If Israel were in Montana, would there be peace in the middle east?

That is the real question...

For 50 years or more, the American people have given Israel a get out of jail free card, and have not questioned the consequences, policies, or actions of Zionists.

I believe no reasonable person can truly look at Islamic fascism and Zionism and see that there is not fanaticism on both sides of the equation.

Now the blinders are coming off, and it is high time that both Israel and the Middle Eastern countries were held to full scrutiny of their policy and culpability.

I do think you will find that as time goes on, people will begin to see that Zionism is not the same as Judaism. Being opposed to Zionism is not anti Semitic, any more than being against Bush is anti American.

Initially, and unfortunately, the pendulum will likely swing too far to the other side.

In addition, this is a backlash to the impact of the neocons influence in getting the US into war in Iraq.

This is more of an anti-neocon driven phenomena than most true conservatives will admit.

#32     Jul 30, 2006
  3. Like if Israel withdrew from Lebanon there would be peace on the lebanese border, if they withdrew from Gaza there would be peace on the Gaza border, right? LOL. Why did not Israelis think of that?

#33     Jul 30, 2006
  4. There is a growing belief that Israel indeed shits, and indeed their shit does stinks...

The blinders and nose-plugs are off.

Many Americans are sick of the constant conflicts in that area, and some are actually seeing that Israel may have a hand in the constancy of the conflict.

#34     Jul 30, 2006
  5. The best part is when than took him in and he saw the female cop staring at him. He yelled "What the F%#@ are you looking at Sugar tits." LOL, Priceless! Give em hell Mel

#35     Jul 30, 2006
  6. I gotta weigh in on this.

I was brought up in a rural environment, very few people unlike ourselves. And people used all the stereotypes. I didn't know any better, and I did too. In my adult life, I have happened to live in areas with large Jewish populations. They have tremendous respect for culture and family. I find their insights developed from that culture fasinating. Some of my closet friends I have only learned later were Jewish.

Harry Truman said that the decision to drop the bomb was easy. But he would be vilified long after he was gone for creating Israel. So, it can't be moved. Do they not deserve the right to defend themselves against people who have threatened them w/ annihilation? So it's their fault when things go bad for us?

So, what would happen, if you met someone and became fast friends, and then you found he was Jewish? It's happened to me many times. Would you break the friendship, or be ashamed to be with that person?

Wanna talk humor. Jewish humor is the funniest in the world. Dangerfield? Woody ? Bruce? Sometime, go to a flea market or book store, and get a book of Yiddish humor. It's laugh out loud self deprecating humor that's unbelievably rich.

By the way, It's Moe and Curly Horowitz, and Larry Fine.

For those of you who want to find out more about how Israel began, look up Colonel Mickey Marcus. A real tearjerker. I can't feel any differently, because I can only think of people I know and care about. To condemn the culture would be to condemn them, and how could I do that?

OK Reardon, I said nice things about the Jews. How 'bout a great setup? (sic).

An aside. I asked a friend how the Jewish people became so identified with, well, money. In particular banking. It seems that anti-semitism was so prevalent in Europe, Jews were restricted from entering trades. The one they got into was bartering, or later, banking.

#36     Jul 30, 2006
  7. Do you claim to understand the issue better than Dr. King did?

". . . You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth.

"Antisemitism, the hatred of the Jewish people, has been and remains a blot on the soul of mankind. In this we are in full agreement. So know also this: anti-Zionist is inherently antisemitic, and ever will be so.

"How easy it should be, for anyone who holds dear this inalienable right of all mankind, to understand and support the right of the Jewish People to live in their ancient Land of Israel. All men of good will exult in the fulfilment of God's promise, that his People should return in joy to rebuild their plundered land. This is Zionism, nothing more, nothing less.

"And what is anti-Zionist? It is the denial to the Jewish people of a fundamental right that we justly claim for the people of Africa and freely accord all other nations of the Globe. It is discrimination against Jews, my friend, because they are Jews. In short, it is antisemitism.

"The antisemite rejoices at any opportunity to vent his malice. The times have made it unpopular, in the West, to proclaim openly a hatred of the Jews. This being the case, the antisemite must constantly seek new forms and forums for his poison. How he must revel in the new masquerade! He does not hate the Jews, he is just 'anti-Zionist'!

"When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--make no mistake about it."

(From M.L. King Jr., "Letter to an Anti-Zionist Friend," _Saturday Review_XLVII (Aug. 1967), p. 76. Reprinted in M.L. King Jr., _This I Believe: Selections from the Writings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr._ (New York, 1971), pp. 234-235.)

#37     Jul 30, 2006
  8. I claim that these folks understand more about Judaism, Zionism and anti-Semitism than Dr. King did:

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/

#38     Jul 30, 2006
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ahh, where would we be on ET without the help of google. LOL. Why don't you post a link also for Jews for Jesus as well. :D

#39     Jul 30, 2006
  10. The rulers of Old Europe caused it. White Christians were forbidden from tax-collecting and banking, while the Jews were forbidden to work most other trades.

There is one more factor: The Jewish culture and teachings place no restrictions on building wealth. Poverty is <b>not</b> a virtue in Jewish culture- luxury is always preferable.

Other cultures tend to obstruct wealth building with self-imposed moral restrictions:

<i>"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."</i> (Matthew 19:24)

Note: I'm only pointing out cultural differences, NOT promoting ANY sort of supremacism.

#40     Jul 30, 2006