Mel Gibson: "Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PLATO2, Jul 29, 2006.

1. How many times have you heard some asshole say something like- "Hitler should have finished the job".

Even today, there are many bigots out there who hope for our genocide. Explaining the stupidity of collectivism/merits of individualism to folks like that isn't going to work. The only way to give them pause, is to make sure they get the message that their sorry asses would be sitting in wheelchairs picking at their syphilis scabs, if it weren't for us.

#21     Jul 30, 2006
  2. Braveheart was one of the best movies ever made for sure. Passion on the other hand sucked. I have seen much better Jesus movies than that sadistic trash. Apparently ole Mel did say those things or at least something close. I think he should get drunk more often cause it has made some good CNN.

#22     Jul 30, 2006
  3. Somebody sounds bitter.

#23     Jul 30, 2006
  4. Disagree. I thought it was powerful and moving. I don't think it was so much sadistic as it was realistic. Those were not gentle times; criminals were tortured and crucifixion was a horrific experience.

#24     Jul 30, 2006
  5. How many times have you heard some asshole say something like- "Hitler should have finished the job".

Too many.

Even today, there are many bigots out there who hope for our genocide.

It is repulsive, concur.

Explaining the stupidity of collectivism/merits of individualism to folks like that isn't going to work. The only way to give them pause, is to make sure they get the message that their sorry asses would be sitting in wheelchairs picking at their syphilis scabs, if it weren't for us.

I don't even think that works. Bigotry is irrational.

#25     Jul 30, 2006
  6. Ogeima

Ogeima

The sadistic/realistic bits didn't do anything for or against the movie, for me. I didn't find it moving nor strong. I found Scorcese's "Last Temptation of Christ" way more interesting.

#26     Jul 30, 2006
  7. As usual, you hear things through your own filter...

#27     Jul 30, 2006
  8. I will concur that bigotry is unseemly. However, it is not irrational. A status quo is going to try to perpetuate itself by nature and other cultural influences can and do often threaten the ability of the status quo to maintain it's culture intact. Bigotry is a tool in that resistance.

#28     Jul 30, 2006
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

RM, you are missing the biggest bigotry of all. And this one Z will not concur. And that is most of the left in this country is quietly rooting for Hezbollah to wipe Israel off the face of the planet. No, you will not hear this spoken, but it's there. And it's far worse then the off color remarks you hear from drunken Hollywood actors.

#29     Jul 30, 2006
  10. Wrong, again.

Most of the left is rooting for peace, not destruction of Israel or any other country.

#30     Jul 30, 2006