Mel Gibson, drunk driver...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 28, 2006.

1. EXCLUSIVE: Mel Gibson Busted for DUI

Posted Jul 28th 2006 3:00PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Celebrity Justice
    Mel Gibson was arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department in Malibu, Calif. early this morning for suspicion of DUI. Bail was set at $5,000.

He was pulled over for speeding in his 2006 Lexus as he was heading eastbound on the Pacific Coast Highway and a Breathalyzer test was administered. The arrest report lists the time of arrest as 2:36AM and the time booked as 4:06AM. Gibson was released at 9:45 a.m.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Country Sheriff's Department told TMZ, "Mel Gibson was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. He was released later this morning. The investigation was still ongoing, just like it would be with any other person."

A rep for Gibson tells TMZ they are "checking into" the matter.

2. Too bad for him he isn't a Kennedy and a democrat.

3. A Lexus?!?!?!?! Mel Gibson drives a Lexus?!?!?!?!

Next thing is, they'll tell us he was drinking Colt 45.

4. yep, that was my first reaction too!

Difficult to believe.

5. cmaxb

cmaxb

Low profile?

6. why did jesus do this to him

7. I suppose...

8. Mel Gibson Arrested on Suspicion of DUI
    Email this Story

Jul 28, 10:08 PM (ET)

(AP) Mel Gibson speaks with the media as he arrives for the premiere of his film "We Were Soldiers" in a...
    Full Image

MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - Mel Gibson was arrested early Friday for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol, authorities said.

Gibson's 2006 Lexus LS 430 was speeding on Pacific Coast Highway when deputies stopped him at 2:36 a.m., said Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

"He was going 87 miles per

hour in a 45-miles-per-hour zone,"

Whitmore said.

Deputies conducted field sobriety tests. A breath test indicated Gibson's blood-alcohol level was 0.12 percent, Whitmore said. California drivers 21 and older must remain under 0.08 percent.

Gibson, 50, was booked at the Lost Hills Sheriff's station at 4:06 a.m., according to department records. The actor-director was cited and released at 9:45 a.m. after posting $5,000 bail, Whitmore said.

"The investigation is ongoing," Whitmore said.

Gibson's spokesman, Alan Nierob, said he was looking into the matter.

Gibson won a best-director Oscar for 1995's "Braveheart" and had a 2004 religious blockbuster with "The Passion of the Christ." He also starred in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" films, "What Women Want" and "The Man Without a Face," among other movies.

9. Mel Gibson apologizes for DUI arrest

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer 31 minutes ago

Mel Gibson issued a lengthy statement Saturday apologizing for his drunk driving arrest and saying he has battled alcoholism throughout his life.

Gibson also apologized for what he said were "despicable" statements he made to the deputies who arrested him early Friday morning on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," he said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

Publicist Alan Nierob declined to elaborate beyond the statement.

Gibson, 50, was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol after deputies stopped his 2006 Lexus LS 430 for speeding. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said deputies clocked him doing 87 mph in a 45 mph zone.

A breath test indicated Gibson's blood-alcohol level was 0.12 percent, Whitmore said. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

The actor was released early Friday after posting $5,000 bail.

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Is this really news? Isn't this shit common place in CA? I suppose Hollywood actors getting pulled over for DUI's is need to know news. In that case, post the other 500 DUI's that have taken place in LA county by Hollywood stars this year.

#10     Jul 29, 2006