Mega Money Madness!!! (£100 Account)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by comingkingofisrael, Dec 30, 2017.

1. expiated

expiated

If
    If comingkingofisrael is going to abandon this thread, I’d like to see what can be accomplished by starting out with $100 and making trades in the amount of one micro lot (0.01 of a standard lot) with a maximum of two positions simultaneously open at any given time.

#21     Jan 12, 2018
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Just do MGC! Why is this concept so difficult for everyone to understand?

#22     Jan 12, 2018
  3. expiated

expiated

ScreenHunter_6957 Jan. 14 15.10.jpg

And so the odyssey continues...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    #23     Jan 14, 2018
  4. expiated

expiated

ScreenHunter_6958 Jan. 14 18.03.jpg

#24     Jan 14, 2018
  5. expiated

expiated

DANG!!!

EURGBP came like a single pip away from hitting my take-profit target!

EURGBPM1.png

It looks like the Market Makers are up to no good, so I locked in some profit while I had the chance...

ScreenHunter_6972 Jan. 14 22.12.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    #25     Jan 15, 2018
  6. expiated

expiated

I was hoping to get back up to $4.00 by buying EURAUD at 1.5390, but unfortunately, I was asleep when that happened.

ScreenHunter_6984 Jan. 15 02.37.jpg

When I purchased AUDJPY, AUDUSD took off, as NZDUSD did after I bought NZDJPY—not to mention CHPJPY after I bought CADJPY. EURGBP shot up to my take-profit target after stopping me out, and GBPJPY did the same. (The pairs seem to be conspiring against me, but I won’t let that dissuade me! I’ll go to bed now, and see if I can perhaps get to $5.00 or more during the New York session, God willing.)

#26     Jan 15, 2018
  7. expiated

expiated

ScreenHunter_6986 Jan. 15 15.49.jpg

I had to totally shift my focus over the last 24 hours to that of conducting an information gathering exercise. (That’s an awful lot of trades executed by me to only show a buck’s worth of profit!!!)

For throughout 2016 and 2017 my approach to trading was to reap profits of approximately 5 pips at a time, executing trades that typically had a 1:2 reward-to-risk ratio.

I was able to get away with this “sin” because my daily success rate tended to be 90% to 100%.

However, I am now interested in seeing each micro trade averaging around $2.00 rather than three to five dozen pennies in the hopes that my daily return on a $100 trading account will be a minimum of $5.00 per each round of sessions (which I believe to be well within the realm of possibility) and because I’m doing other stuff while I’m trading now and can’t be entering and exiting trades all the time.

But it would appear that because of all the “funny business” going on and whatever “shenanigans” the market makers are prone to engage in, I was stopped out of several of my trades last night and this morning, even though every single one of the assets I traded ultimately went on to hit my take-profit targets.

Consequently, I’m planning to see what happens if I make it standard practice to set my stops and targets 30 pips above and below the indicative price to ensure that the instruments have enough breathing room for market makers to manipulate rates in whatever way they like without stopping me out of my positions before my take-profit targets are finally reached. (I will also be entering at key levels rather than waiting to rejoin dominant trends following temporary pullbacks so that I will be better positioned to avoid stop losses while at the same time maximizing the ease with which I might reap 20 to 30 pip gains.)

If my forecasts are as reliable as I believe them to be, perhaps I can eventually get away with a 2:3 reward-to-risk ratio, which seems plausible to me if I have an 80% success rate or better—even though this goes squarely against the conventional wisdom that demands professional traders accept nothing less than a minimum 1:1 reward-to-risk ratio.

(Doing so would allow for enough “play room” to avoid being repeatedly stopped out of my otherwise winning trades, but make it much more likely that virtually all of my targets would be hit within a single 24-hour market cycle.)

After writing all that, I really do think it’s going to be easier and much more reliable if I can go back to micro managing 5-pip guerilla trades for immediate returns that might begin to add up even faster now, thanks to some enhancements I added to my lower time frame charts today.

#27     Jan 15, 2018
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Trade MGC. *puff puff pass*

You can do better man.

#28     Jan 15, 2018
  9. expiated

expiated

Oh yeah…sure…things are looking a bit better now that a few of my take-profit targets have been hit thanks to the next round of sessions having begun with the opening of the Sydney and Tokyo markets. But bear in mind that if I were still trading a maximum of two pairs at a time rather than gathering information (the most possible with a $100 trading account) I probably would have added only another dollar or so depending on whether I was lucky enough to happen to have selected the “best” pairs, and note that I was stopped out of USDJPY, so if that happened to be one of the pair’s I chose, I could have actually ended up losing money.

ScreenHunter_6987 Jan. 15 16.40.jpg

#29     Jan 15, 2018
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Interesting how this was comingkigofisreals's thread, and it has now become expiated's thread (due to the postings.) Fascinating captain!

#30     Jan 15, 2018
    JackRab likes this.