Mega-mansion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Anyone see the movie Force 10 from Navarone? You gotta see that one. WWII movie. Compilation from a few wars before of a few good men and women.

#31     Sep 25, 2011
  2. #32     Sep 25, 2011
  3. How many people, on the planet, could afford this? Were not talking a mortgage here. How many, really? (to buy it, not build it)

#33     Sep 25, 2011
  4. A $100 million dollar property (with 20% down) will only run about $420k per month mortgage. I believe in the US there are about 20,000 americans that are rich enough to afford that kind of payment.

#34     Sep 25, 2011
  5. Pretty good statistic on that one. What do they do for a living?

#35     Sep 25, 2011
  6. they run trading forums and steal all the good ideas.....

#36     Sep 25, 2011
  7. Then they do it backwards to hide their theft. Just look at those bonds and silver.

Can bonds hit 160? I was just thinking about that. If you borrow bonds with a 3% interest payment where do they find the spread? Or are they using the principal on the bond to make interest payments by leveraging to buy more bonds. Automatic bull market. How long can that last when the bonds' legal and intrinsic value is $0? Manufactured market.

#37     Sep 25, 2011
  8. If I were the risk manager at the exchange I would highly consider raising margins. I had always wondered why the margin on bonds was so low in comparison to other contracts. What liability does the exchange have when accepting fraudulent contracts from the Fed? I've said it before, but without "consideration" a contract is null and void. Since the Fed kites checks, there was no "consideration" conveyed, therefore the Treasury owes the Fed nothing. That's at least since 1971 when the Fed defaulted on international gold transfers.

#38     Sep 25, 2011
  9. Happy belated bankruptcy anniversary, Federal Reserve. 40 years of kiting checks. August 5, 1971. Sorry for not sending a card. I'll send you a silver coin next anniversary. If the Federal Reserve still exists, that is.

#39     Sep 25, 2011
  10. Well....at least 100 of them are traders. :)

#40     Sep 25, 2011