Mega-mansion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 21, 2011.

1. You can LOSE anything. Maybe if you are smart you wont lose it all in trading, but what if the dollar collapses...what are you going to do with that saved toilet paper then? You could put it in gold, but someone could always steal it from you. You can reduce risk and put the odds in your favor, but you can still lose ANYTHING. Just ask those savers the wiemar republic...or zimbabwe, or argentina. You can also get held up for ransom and the kidnappers demand all your money for your life. Anyone can lose anything.

But lets look at your situation you said...you save a million dollars and then you blow your trading account. Now what? You never going to trade again? Of course you will. Even if you dont, if you are not investing anymore, inflation is just eatting your money away. Do you think 1 million dollars will be worth anything in 30 years? Do you think you can live off $3k /euros/CHF or whatever per month forever? in 1970 if you retired with $500 per month income, you were doing pretty good. If you try to live off $500 today (or even $500 20 years ago) you are doing pretty bad. if you life off $4k today you are doing good. In 20 years, I'm guessing $4k will barely get you a small studio apartment. You have to actively invest your money to make it grow with inflation or you will end up handing out carts at walmart one day.

#21     Sep 24, 2011
  2. First i must say, i am an opportunist and always try to think positive.....the negative things will come from alone.......

Well the best thing to be independent of money is to have your own farm and produce all you need on your own. When then the time have come where money isnt worth anything anymore you can still swap your goods with other people and save yourself a good relativ weahlty life standard.

Have physical gold and silver is always good, for that kind of scenario.
    --------------
    Of course a million dollars are enough if you life you be spare and provident. As a single.
    If you have a family, you need more to feel finacially free...

With that amount of money you have more then the most people on this planet and should feel happy about it and try to live your life lucky....besides that, you can always go to life in a cheaper country, where your money is worth more....
    ---------------
    Yes anything can happen, anyting bad as well as good....
    But we shouldnt to be evocative of bad things....
    -----------
    Lets say think about the next 20years, so long nothing will change, you can have a good living of that money......
    -----------------
    The best thing always was and always will be to be an self supporter and live in harmony with mother nature, bcuz the truth is that nature can give us all we need.........
    ----------
    maybe i buy a farm someday and grow my own food, thats true independence..........

THINK POSITIVE :confused: :confused: :confused:

#22     Sep 24, 2011
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

#23     Sep 24, 2011
  4. hahahaha, very good.....

I dont know about other people who are old enough to think about the really important things in life, but i can say for me: "I dont need any kind of class, dosnt matter where or how i life, so long I AM HAPPY..."
    -----------------
    @peilthetraveler

dont forget, when you have 1 million dollar ah, better euros, on your "time money interest account" for always 1 year with 3% interest, you are still an investor and make 30k a year and after taxes, you have minimum 25k a year, so i meant you should life from that money, than eating up your 1 million.
    ------------
    Besides that you cant buy HAPINESS with money, but you can buy a farm, heheheh......, with cows, piggys, chicken, tomatos, beans, salad and so on........

:D :D :D

#24     Sep 24, 2011
  5. Yes, thinking positive is good. Its a long race though and you should think of it this way... Even if you are the best driver in the world, it doesnt mean you're never going to get into an accident.

My point was that you can always lose it all no matter what and you said you could only lose it if you are an idiot. You could have a medical problem and it costs a million dollars to make you better.

I dont go around thinking something bad is going to happen, but I dont want to be so cocky that I think I can never lose everything because once you think you are too smart to lose it all, life has a way to show you that you can. I would rather life know that I know I can lose it, so it leaves me alone and doesnt try to put me in my place. LOL

#25     Sep 24, 2011
  6. We must ALL DIE someday.....and thats ok....thats the universe cycle of live and dead........some die earlier and some later.....

The idiot post, was just in relation to a success business person who made a good bunch of money and is too stupid to save it.
    So long economics are not changing dramatically and money is worth enough to compare to the real goods....

I think you must get out of your life as much how you can, i dont mean money, i mean experience - good and bad - who knows really why we are here on this shitty blue ball....

But the best thing you can do with money is buy someone happines and buy real physical things, like a nice house and your own ground, where you can do what you wanna do.....

who knows when world war 3 will start, maybe right after the next financial crisis........who cares....fuck all that shit.....just relax and take it easy....when you face dead, the only thing you wanna know is, how many good things have i done and do i feel sorry for the bad things i ve done to other beeings...

dont you think...:confused: :p

#26     Sep 24, 2011
  7. Good point :D

#27     Sep 24, 2011
  8. How many windows? How many french maids? How many turrets to protect them? Questions I'd like to know.

Have you ever been to a hot club? Is the security there to protect the females or to protect the thugs inside?

#28     Sep 25, 2011
  9. Yes. I have declared war on all castles. Planet-wide. The earth is round. Welcome to reality politicians.

#29     Sep 25, 2011
  10. The sad reality is, the kings never leave their castles because of all the hot chicks inside they are "protecting". Threats are taken out by hired mercenaries. Hmm... so which mercenary is man enough to face me? How much is that king going to "promise" said mercenary? Will that king make good on that promise? Of course not. The mercenary will kill me. Then the king will renege and pretend.

You see why plausible deniability works for me?

Bored.

Waiting.

Presumed kings.

Your castles are mine.

Planet-wide.

#30     Sep 25, 2011