Meeting In Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by rcreal, Jun 4, 2002.

1. rcreal

rcreal

After having the pleasure of meeting a fellow ET member local to my area, Ed and I wanted to extend the invitation to other ET members.

From this, we tossed around the idea of forming a local club that focused on frequency of trading instead of the vehicle traded would be beneficial.

Ed has been kind enough to reserve the clubhouse at his housing complex for our initial meeting. The details are below:

Sunday, June 23rd, 1-5 p.m.

From the South (Raleigh) - 40 west to exit 287 Harrison Ave. Turn left off exit onto Harrison. Shopping center on right. Turn right at Chic-fil-a onto Weston Parkway. Proceed on Weston about 2.5 miles. Turn right at intersection of Weston and Rt. 54. Proceed about 200 yards, and turn right into Oaks at Weston Apartment Complex. Clubhouse is dead ahead.

There is no official agenda for the first meeting, other than just to get to know other traders in the area. I'll bring a small presentation on e-mini futures since that area is of interest of mine and Ed's.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Rich

2. Huios

Huios

...and if your coming from the north,(Durham/Chapel Hill) obviously you will take 40 east, take the same exit and follow the above directions.

I actually live in Morrisville, which is a bedroom community of the Raleigh/Durham area.

Ed (aka Huios)

3. rcreal and Huios,

Sounds great to me, I live north of Winston-Salem, and I've been looking for an opportunity to meet some other traders.

4. rcreal

rcreal

Hi Folks -

Just a reminder of the meeting this Sunday from 1-5 pm.

It's a great chance to meet fellow active traders in the NC area.

Best of all ... there's no charge to get in ... only a small exit fee :)

While there is no official agenda, I've got a small presentation on the SP e-mini ... a nice little scalping strategy I've been playing with.

Drop me or Huios a private message with any ?'s.

Rich

5. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

Great Idea!

I live in Broward County, Florida. I have been asked by some traders to have a monthly meeting.
    Just getting together with traders who have the same passion
    as you do for trading is a great idea.
    Y

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

Any update on how was meeting in NC turn out.

7. Huios

Huios

The meeting was great. 5 traders showed up and a short presentation about trading the mini's was given. Had 2 mini traders, 2 stock traders, and one option trader. I believe all 5 were full time traders. Met for 4 hours and everyone learned something, and contributed something. We probably would have stayed longer, but the building was closing.

We had several who could not make it, some who responded at the last minute, and some locals I forgot to contact, who will probably be at the next one.

Decided that the major thrust these meetings was going to be catering to the needs of the "active" trader, and not the "investment club" mentality. Everyone was in agreement.

We all decided to meet again, but left without setting a date.:)

Next meeting time will be posted shortly.

Thanks for asking.

Anyone else want to share their views of the meeting?????

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

thank, I will try to be there next time but since I am from VA, I need full address to map it.

9. rcreal

rcreal

First, sorry for not answering the PM. I was out-of-town and didn't get the message until 30 mins before the meeting. I guess you would have to speed a little to make it from VA to Raleigh in 30 min :)

The meeting was great. It was a good mix of people ... options, equity, future traders ... everyone had lot's of knowledge, experience and wisdom to share.

Looking forward to the next one!

Rich

10. Huios

Huios

I'll shoot you a PM later today!!!

#10     Jun 24, 2002