Meet the Press - Paulson

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by drsteph, Aug 10, 2008.

1. On NBC's Meet the Press this morning.

Brokaw asked Paulson if he would be willing to stay on into the next administration. The segue was that it had been reported that Paulson had met with Obama.

Brokaw: "There's been a lot of speculation that you may stay on with the next administration, whoever the elected president... Would you like to stay on?"

Paulson: "No Tom, I wouldn't. I care a lot about this country, and I'm going to run right up until the end...

I'm focused on getting everything done I can get done between now and January 19th."

Brokaw: "That's a firm denial that you would be interested in accepting it."

Paulson: "It couldn't be any firmer."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032608/

2. Well now....Not too surprising considering.....

One of the main instigators of the problem at hand, who has several hundred million large from the program....largely tax free upon acceptance of the high g scale postion......

Obviously.....getting a little too close for comfort.....

Even legal white collar crooks start sweating at times.....
    .............................................................................................

It is remindful of another tactic....

Get in office for eight years....disguise the effort....and at exit time....spew out to the public to put the blame elsewhere.....while walking away scott free.....

Ring a bell ?

3. First he has to be offered the position, how arrogant of him.

4. Paulson: "It couldn't be any firmer."

Who gives a rat's ass.

5. What idiot in their right mind would want Hank as T-Dept Sec under their admin?

Look what has happened to the country and the dollar while he has been in office. Do we want a repeat? Hell no. Get his lying criminal ass out of office sooner rather then later.

I would have loved it if the question would have been asked "Are you willing to resign immediately due to your gross failure as T-Dept Sec?"

6. You will never get any questions like that out of Brokaw. He's a lilly livered pansy and always has been.