Meet the ‘miners’: The shadowy group making a killing from the Bitcoin bonanza

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by themickey, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Surprise

Surprise

Western Union , money gram ... Etc

#21     Dec 16, 2017
  2. just21

just21

Who charge upto 15%. Western Union are looking at Ripple. I think Ripple will trade at market cap similar to visa.

#22     Dec 16, 2017
  3. Surprise

Surprise

I use Western Union and no they don't charge 15% they are way cheaper and faster than Bitcoin .

#23     Dec 16, 2017
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I guess. What do you think how much money can they SAVE out of that 32 bucks per month? Maybe 50 cents? Also, does an average Venezuelan understand not just bitcoin wallets but iota transfers? I highly doubt.

The point is that the poor will never use this available resources because of lack of in vestable money and lack of the ability to handle the technology.

#24     Dec 16, 2017
    sss12 likes this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

You'd be surprised.... Take cell phones in India for instance or electronic wire transfers for remittances to Latin America.

#25     Dec 16, 2017
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, let's say even the fairly poor can use these. But what crypto would they choose? If I am starting out today, I would go with LTC (faster, cheaper tx, better return) and not with BTC. I guess this is were rubber meets the road and the real competition shows us which one is the best.

Right now BTC isn't competitive. Maybe it has reached the Myspace phase...

#26     Dec 16, 2017
    ET180 likes this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

I agree to a point...I think we've found ways around the Bitcoin limitations with things like crypto debit accounts, granted the receiver gets fiat instead.

#27     Dec 16, 2017
  8. d08

d08

There's also the difference of Venezuelans making money from BTC due to cheap electricity, not choosing it as a payment platform. That's a big distinction. If Visa was paying me $500 a month for some CPU time, you can bet I'd charge everything on it as well.

#28     Dec 16, 2017
  9. just21

just21

If you have a second hand smartphone you can download a crypto wallet. Then do localbitcoins.com. Even if you bought a few Satoshi as the Bolivar collapsed then you survived.​

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    #29     Dec 16, 2017
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

When small amounts are used/saved regularly, I guess it boils down to: Does the transaction or broker fee eat up my little investment?

Does anybody want to crunch the numbers?

#30     Dec 16, 2017