Meet the man behind those ‘bitcoin genius’ ads all over the internet

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by RRY16, Jan 18, 2018.

1. RRY16

RRY16

There is an advertisement online that’s been stalking people as they surf around the internet. You’ve probably seen them, too: A man with wild hair and wire-rimmed glasses, staring out into the beyond, with bitcoin logos next to his face. " data-reactid="31" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">There is an advertisement online that’s been stalking people as they surf around the internet. You’ve probably seen them, too: A man with wild hair and wire-rimmed glasses, staring out into the beyond, with bitcoin logos next to his face.

The ad might say something like “Crypto-Genius Reveals the ‘Next Bitcoin’” or “California genius says, this is the next bitcoin.” Some even use a variation on the classic clickbait syntax: “bitcoin won’t want you knowing this cryptocurrency,” as if bitcoin were a corporation, trainer, or language professor.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/meet-man-behind-bitcoin-genius-ads-internet-134441715.html

Macallik likes this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

James Altucher posted here hundreds of times throughout the years under the username vishnu until he realized he couldn't cut it at trading.

The fact that he has aligned himself with Agora is disappointing and puts a major dent in his credibility. I mean, look at this nonsense... I don't know what he is thinking.

d924f68b9a62541c4d9126e0a31afbd5.png

Clubber Lang, johnarb and RRY16 like this.
  4. James Altucher is a resilient, bright-eyed, persistent, maybe crazy and eccentric entrepreneur -- But I also doubt he could trade.
    He jumps from project to project or investment to investment...whatever's hot at the moment...hoping one will randomly pay off.
    That's just his style or personality.
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone know what's the ballpark range he's paying for all of these Bitcoin ads that seem to be popping up all over the place?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. He's thinking he needs to make a living. That's what all con men are thinking

Clubber Lang and DeltaRisk like this.
  6. truetype

truetype

It's been a few years since I last had lunch with him, but he's a bright guy who's very good at developing his "personal brand."

7. niko79542

niko79542

Its been fascinating to watch Altucher evolve over the years. You'd think he has enough money by now, but I guess he places a lower value on his own dignity.

8. you left off the D

niko79542 likes this.
  9. Maybe Malcolm Gladwell will get a haircut now.

10. zdreg

zdreg

male competitiveness will force gladwell to let his hair grow to the sky.

#10     Jan 21, 2018
    PoundTheRock likes this.