Medvedev blames U.S. for world financial crisis

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Michael88, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Mvic

Mvic

This is the 1st in what will be several months of verbal attacks on the US and a racheting up of the sense that we are alone, rocking American's sense of security in the world. I think that it is an effort to help create a mood in the country that is helpful to McCain. The reason is that the Russians feel that McCain will be better for oil prices and that is what is fueling their economy (FWIW I am no Obama fan).

#11     Jun 8, 2008
  2. McCain, Obama... you still have the oil lobby power on both camps, so I dont think this will make a big difference for Russia on this point.

Russia has a chance to become a key leadership role in the world, as US is weakening, and they know it.

Will Russia succeed ? All depends on how long oil will bring them huge revenues, and what they will do with these revenues...

If Russia play it wisely, you may have huge geopolitical changes soon...

#12     Jun 8, 2008
  3. SH_DW

SH_DW

TIM M M B O [WWWWW] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13     Jun 13, 2008
  4. SH_DW

SH_DW

You must like it raunchy! :D

#14     Jun 13, 2008
  5. Sorry. If you've ever been to Russia (lived there like I have) and actually studied the country in depth, you'd see how incorrect this statement is.

#15     Jun 13, 2008
  6. Arguments = ?

#16     Jun 13, 2008
  7. You're the one who made the original statement. You back it up with your arguments, and if I disagree with each argument, I'll state why.

#17     Jun 13, 2008
  8. Huh. You noticed the about face in the last two weeks also.

Unbelievable, isn't it. Not sure I agree with your why and wherefore's, but you cannot deny what is coming out of the media.

#18     Jun 13, 2008
  9. I am open minded, you seemed to disagree my last statement, ok :) but then would have be nice to write a bit more... I think you must have interesting position/arguments on that topic thats why I asked.

Have a good day Ivanovich.

#19     Jun 13, 2008
  10. Ivonovich knows how corrupt the Russian state is, even moreso then the US. In Russia it's almost like a fraternity of corruption in the administration, with the numbers the government puts out even more distorted then the US.

Don't forget the breadlines in Russia about 10 yrs ago..... Their president has a lot of balls to talk about the US's depression in the 30s and not acknowledge his own barely a decade old.

#20     Jun 13, 2008