Medved QuoteTracker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by laj, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Yes, you do. If you didn't that would explain why you are not getting any data

#31     May 28, 2005
  2. Andre

Andre

Jerry, I have a question about updating. When it does its check, it usually comes back with all those different brokers. How much space do those files take up? I usually just do the QT and IB updates. Sometimes I add other brokers I have used.

A suggestion might be to have the update only include brokers you select. That might make the update process faster. I update on two computer, so I've love to be able to say, just look for IB, CyberTrader and Ameritrade, for example, along with anything QT related.

A small quibble, really.

#32     Jan 12, 2006
  3. the configuration files are small. Its best to just update everything. That way, next time a WebUpdate occurs, you will only see a very small number of files if any, instead of having the whole list again.

If you exclude certain quote sites (OPTIONS/Edit Preferences menu, SITES LIST Tab), then those sites will still show in WebUpdate, but will be automatically un-checked.

#33     Jan 12, 2006
  4. Andre

Andre

Another speedy response by the guys from Quotetracker. Thanks.

#34     Jan 12, 2006
  5. Hey Jerry,

Does the Pressure Bar Indicator only work for time based charts? What I means is that when I use the indicator for Range Bar Charts, it always looks like the following... Is there some setting I need to configure???

Regards,
    MAK

#35     Jan 15, 2006
  6. terr

terr

That was a bug. Thanks for the report. It will be fixed in the next beta.

#36     Jan 15, 2006
  7. SUPER... Thanks for the quick response. That indicator is potent. More potent than I had recently known. The beauty of it, for me, is that it completes the full view of what's happening right now, all 3 independent variables... When opting for discretionary K.I.S.S. mode I just look at this now window configuration except for one technicality which I had to develop using your api in order to resolve... With the pressure stick, is it specifically measuring the balance of trades executed on each side or the balance of volume executed on each side??? The indicator appears to evaluate the former...

Always KINDEST REGARDS,
    MAK

#37     Jan 15, 2006
  8. terr

terr

Both the right-side indicator and the bottom indicator show the ratio of volumes on bid and ask sides. The right-side indicator shows it for the last 30 trades. The bottom indicator shows it for the candle.

#38     Jan 15, 2006
  9. Thanks, that explains the real-time disparities I had been seeing.

Regards,
    MAK

#39     Jan 15, 2006
  10. mokwit

mokwit

Jerry

If you look on ET you will se a lot of people asking for some kind of scan for when a stock is near it's 200 day MAV.

If you look 200 and 50 day MAV are available from Yahoo finance AND even better the % to MAV are also available. Unfortunately this is not a field available in QT. Could you consider ading it as it is a much requested scan. Also the % from 52 wk Hi/Lo is available from Yahoo but unavailable in QT.

It would be great if there could be an alert for when a stock is within a user specified % of MAV and 52wk Hi/Lo.

Also would like to see trade/block size field specifiable as value i.e Input as a figure by the user e.g USD100,000 (and calculated by QT as number shares * Shareprice). I deal with shares that range in price from THB 0.05 to THB300 so a volume block alert takes longer to set up than if I just specified a currency amount.

Thanks in advance

#40     Jan 15, 2006