Medved QuoteTracker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by laj, Mar 31, 2005.

1. still backfill for 1 day only in 847?

#21     May 26, 2005
  2. Yes, that is correct, but at least it works :). The week backfill will be in the future releases. Do not know which ones specifically

#22     May 26, 2005
  3. Moreagr

Moreagr

I tried that no luck here Jerry... I don't think QT receiving the data :confused:

Is it the help guide?? i don't think i've seen it.

#23     May 26, 2005
  4. #24     May 26, 2005
  5. I think it would be very useful if QT could integrate the ECN feeds from island and arca with the the Level II montage feed. Right now i need three L2 windows, one from nasdaq, one from island, and one from arca.

Also, highlighting specific MMIDs would also be great. So far, selecting an mmid puts a black arrow next to it, but dissappears after the level is taken out. if i select 'brut' i'd like the arrow to be shown on all the levels on that side (bid or ask).

--

it would be good if the raw data window could display exchange and bid/ask sizes too. this info could be taken from the level I main window...

(btw, sometimes my raw data window displays innacurate prints... i know that it cumulates some ticks but occationally i get a print that comes out of no where that never happened (i have two t&s feeds, and this large print showed up on QT but not the other)

And I think that bigchart is more useful than prophet, but why can't that one be linked and "pinned" to the desktop? and the ad appears even though the prog is registered...

Thanks!

#25     May 27, 2005
  6. QT does this if the datafeed supports ARCA and other ECN books directly (Ameritrade, CyberTrader, MB Trading have them. Don't remember what others). Getting the books from different datafeeds is more complicated.

To do that, the data would have to be stored, and we don't store that. Doing so would drastically increase memory and disk usage.

As for the bad print - if there is an interruption in the datafeed, you would get a large volume print - that just covers the volume for the period where no trades are coming in. If you mean a bad price print - that is straight from the datafeed

#26     May 27, 2005
  7. jem

jem

In quotetracker can you color the price based on macd position.

I E. I pick say a 3/10/16 macd and if the histogram is positive bars are green and if negative bars are red.

#27     May 27, 2005
  8. Yes, you can use paintbars to color the bars based on user defined formulas that can be as simple as just checking if MACD is positive or negative, or complex with comparisons of various indicators, previous data, etc.

#28     May 27, 2005
  9. jem

jem

thank you. So far I am impresed with your product.

where do I go on your cite to read the documetation for coloring bars.

#29     May 27, 2005
  10. Moreagr

Moreagr

Jerry sorry about the late response i had to leave town for a funeral (family death). anyways i tried that last week but i guess it didnt work :confused: I also trying the data fill in and the blue chart says in it needs more data and i have it on all day
    :confused:

do i need to have the IB TWS program running along side QT??

thanks for your help

#30     May 28, 2005