Medved QuoteTracker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by laj, Mar 31, 2005.

1. My experience is that Quotetracker tech support has been the best software support I have ever encountered, bar none. I have no connection to Medved or QT, other than being an appreciative user.

#11     May 9, 2005
  2. I dont know about that. Took them more than 20 minutes to answer my last email.

#12     May 9, 2005
  3. Medved is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13     May 9, 2005
  4. Sending your files everytime you have an issue is no fun. Probably not safe either.
    Lately things are ok. IQ backfill sucks eggs on QT. Then again I don't pay for it anyway so I can't complain... too much. And yes it is registered.

#14     May 9, 2005
  5. just21

just21

Great support for a free product. Email replies within minutes. On a related subject what are the gaps in the IB backfill for $ndx. Can't IB even collect their own data?

#15     May 9, 2005
  6. Moreagr

Moreagr

Jerry you may know.... how do i get the studies to work on the charts?? its say no data :confused: i guess i need the prior days data for it to work.

#16     May 26, 2005
  7. you do have to have data for the charts to work :)

If you run QT during market hours, it will store the data to show on the charts. If you use a datafeed that has backfill, you can right click on chart and select Backfill.... To configure the source for backfill if its other than the main quote source, go to OPTIONS/Data Sources menu, BACKFILL tab.

Which datafeed are you using?

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com

#17     May 26, 2005
  8. Moreagr

Moreagr

Jerry I have an account with IB so i thought that i would get adata through IB into QT. i must be missing something.

how do i know its storing data ?? i ahve it running during market hours and nothing happened. :confused:

ok i will try that and see what happens.

thanks

#18     May 26, 2005
  9. Jerry,

Thanks for adding the Aroon up/down indicator. Keep up the good work.

#19     May 26, 2005
  10. Moreagr

The data should be there if you ran QT during market hours. Right click on the symbol and select Raw data. Is there data there? (more than 1 row)

If so, you probably just have wrong time frame selected on the chart. move the mouse over the corner with the auto hide tool bar, then click the yellow clock button. Which time frame is selected? Which symbol?

Also, you can backfill with IB if you use TWS847 (browser based beta currently)

#20     May 26, 2005