Medved QuoteTracker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Merc, Aug 1, 2003.

1. I misunderstood. Re-read the post. Sorry.

There are no other restrictions for non-registered users beyond what you mentioned. I am actually setting up (almost complete) the 3rd server. The moment one of the others is back up, I will be able to update our configuration files so that the new server will become available for registration validation as well as other functionality.

#11     Aug 1, 2003
  2. btw, it seems that we are in good company. CNET.com is down too

#12     Aug 1, 2003
  3. #13     Aug 1, 2003
  4. no, email does not work either. we will most likely get it once it comes back up, but you probably will not need it by then.

You can email support@medved.net (that is working still) or at my yahoo account at j_medved

@
    and then yahoo.com

#14     Aug 1, 2003
  5. http://www.medved.net/quotetracker seems to be back up. If you got unregistered, re-enter the registration code. You will see it fail on the first 6 servers, but should then work on the 7th.

If you do not have your registration code handy, please email support@medved.net and include your full name and the email address used to register if not the same one that is being used to email us.

back to the trenches.....

#15     Aug 1, 2003

6. taumeson, it's not the software, the feed, the broker, the charts...it's your trading, your losses (you posted them) and short tempered attitude.
    You went and blew off steam by trashing Quotetrackers software rating here. That was wrong, it is a great program and much appreciated by many of us.
    Have you shot off a letter to Bill Gates yet?

#16     Aug 1, 2003
  7. taumeson

taumeson

Hey, I'll be the first to admit my trading is sub-par, though I'm still managing to be up a good 6% now thanks in most part to my lucky short of YHOO a week or so ago.

But so what? even if I was loosing half my money, should I expect that If I purchase a license, that I shouldnt get what I pay for? Should I just say "Well, its a good product, so I should be thankful"

I waited through two days of QT downtime before posting a negitave review, though if you read the review I still say good things about the software, but that's not the point.

Say if you win a free car rental, and you pay an extra $10 for an upgrade to "SUV" or whatever, and then when you go to the rental place, they dont have anything but the Geo Metro's left. What do you do? do you say "Well, its free, so I wont complain" or do you bitch because you paid extra and arnt getting what you paid for? The answer really depends on the person, but thats the general analogy i'm trying to use to (hopefully) make my point.

I'm sure we all have plenty of things "wrong" with ourselves that people can try to change the focus to. Hell, that's exactly what politicans do. But that still doesnt change the issue at hand. Granted it's not a HUGE problem (cept new people cant download QT right now) so I dont want to blow this out of proportion and say the sky is falling or cry wolf, I just really really REALLY hate it when people (like you and "himself") cant think of anything constructive to say, and instead say shit analogous to "Well who cares if its broken, you suck"

#17     Aug 1, 2003
  8. Actually, the inability to register only lasted for a few hours today, not the 2 days you mentioned. Yesterday, you could have re-entered the registration code into QuoteTracker and it would have took, because I updated the backup registration servers shortly after the main domain went down.

#18     Aug 1, 2003
  9. A good profitable trader has his OWN backups.
    Cable modem AND dialup
    2 sources of data
    2 Charting Programs
    2 or 3 ways to enter orders.

You live in the most advanced society on this friggen EARTH.
    We have the most advanced technology HERE.
    If it goes down for an hour or two or a day HAVE your own backup!

You can pay 5-10 times as much as Quotetracker and still have the same problems.

Nope, your complaints are sour grapes, especially with the quick, excellent service provided by the Medved group.

I have been trading for 20 years sonny, way before online trading was available, and was profitable and still am (even more so thanks to technology).

Perhaps in time, when your trading capital runs out you will find another "hobby".

#19     Aug 1, 2003
  10. My god! I can't believe it. Seriously. I have received a reply from EVERY SINGLE e-mail I've sent (in fact, one came back in less than a minute). Replies many times from Jerry himself. The platform is free for crying-out-loud. The support is EXCELLENT. The charts and features are GREAT. The datafeed and brokerage integration are UNMATCHED. The application is CONSTANTLY being updated and improved.

Reiteration--the program is FREE. Registration is $60 a year. In my opinion, that's free, too.

Costly platforms have software, data and server problems as well.

I hate to sound sappy, but the folks at @ 2GK, Inc. are the closest thing to altruism I've seen in a long, long time.

I'm sorry, but how DARE anyone complain about them! :mad:

PS: Someone was complaining about losing functionality when their registered version was 'lost'. As far as I know, their is no difference in the functionality--registered or not. You simply get the 'luxury' of increased viewing area due to the removal of the ads.

#20     Aug 2, 2003