MedVed QuoteTracker Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by northern1000, Aug 4, 2004.

Do you like the Quotetracker product?

1. Like it a lot!!!!!

322 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. it's allright I guess

89 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. don't like it

65 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Haven't tried it

65 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. bi9foot

bi9foot

Anyone know how to restrict the display of the ES chart to only regular market hours in QuoteTracker?

I have set the chart options to never display data outside of market hours for all securites however the ES chart displays data for all hours so it is very difficult to view the chart for the current day without having to scroll.

If I switch to an equity (GROW for example) the chart only displays the data from 9:30am to 4:30pm EST.

Thanks

#771     Dec 13, 2006
  2. chartie

chartie

Which/what market hour to display could be set individually for different symbols in QT.

In your case, click the yellow clock iron on ES chart’s toolbar and select CME ES – Regular Hrs.

#772     Dec 13, 2006
  3. omniscient

omniscient Guest

on the main QT window go to Options/Edit Preferences/Charts/Multi-dayTimeframes and select the futures Timeframe you want (i.e. CME ES, MID - Regular Hours). you can also do this by clicking the yellow clock on the disappearing toolbar at the top of the chart. and keep the Never Show Pre/After Market checked. you can set the default to be Never in the Options/Edit/... as well. you can also create a custom timeframe and try that. otherwise, you may be able to email Jerry and send him the necessary file(s) for him to inspect. fwiw, i tried it with US Equities and the RTH CME and both complied with RTH only display.

btw, did this just start happening or has it ever worked for you?

hth

#773     Dec 13, 2006
  4. bi9foot

bi9foot

Thanks I will try this out. I also got a reply from the QT folks.

Re. you question, I only added the ES to my watchlist today.

Edit: I tried what you said, using the yellow clock and it worked. Thanks again to you and chartie.

#774     Dec 13, 2006
  5. Is inter-commodity/inter-stock spread charts available? Or is it on the wishlist for QT.

#775     Dec 13, 2006
  6. spread trade would be easy

simply make a portfolio with long one contract of X and short one contract of Y

plot the difference...

i already do this. it is similar to how i plot PREM (IB does not have prem). i make a portfolio long futures, and short the cash. i plot the total, which = the premium

you can plot any spread this way as well

#776     Dec 13, 2006
  7. Hi whitster, can you give me an example.

How about futures vs futures??Possible. Eg NQvs YM

Appreciate it. :)

#777     Dec 14, 2006