MedVed QuoteTracker Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by northern1000, Aug 4, 2004.

Do you like the Quotetracker product?

1. Like it a lot!!!!!

322 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. it's allright I guess

89 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. don't like it

65 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Haven't tried it

65 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. We are adding PATS support now. Check back with us once we have it completed.

If they have an API for their own platform, we can look at that too. Do you have more info on that?

#51     Jan 12, 2005
  2. balda

balda

Do not contradict yourself, your software does have a tool bar with 5 buttons to slide chart left/right, shrink/expend and it slides away from your sight when you move your mouse. Very good idea so you do have a tool bar that doesn't waste real estate but it is useless.
    You probably hate to admit that but your software less customizable than others.

You get what you pay for. It is great for the money.
    People that drive CAMRY (because it is great for the money) will always see LEXUS as a waste of money, but ones they can afford it for some reason they change their mind.

Good luck with your business.

#52     Jan 12, 2005
  3. balda,

Hardly a contradiction. I thought you were talking about always on toolbars and ones on quote table, etc.

And if you think QT is not customizable, you just have not used it. EVERYTHING in it is customizable. Frankly, a too much at times. We don't use tool bars because we don't need to. there is no reason to have to push a button before having to draw a trendline for example.

Just because you CAN make every pixel in the program customizable, doesn't mean you should. That just complicates the user interface overwelming the client. The goal is to keep powerful AND simple. Something most others seem to have no concept of.

#53     Jan 12, 2005

4. Baldy,

What software do you use?

#54     Jan 12, 2005

5. Oh boy, here's the answer. But what do you use now?
    If you think Ensign is better than QT then you must be half-nuts...:D

Unless you are one of those Pesavanto/Gann/Elliot/ect.. nutcases... ha ha...

#55     Jan 12, 2005
  6. balda

balda

I use QuoteTracker and TradeStation.

#56     Jan 12, 2005
  7. balda,

PM, email or just post the things that you think should be more customizable. We always want new ideas.

#57     Jan 12, 2005
  8. balda

balda

Thank you

#58     Jan 12, 2005
  9. Well I won't blame you for using either one. But I don't understand
    the dissing (is that a new word in Webster's yet? ) of QT if you
    are using it. Of course we all want to see things get better with
    QT and that is why we bug the Medved's on their wishlist at their
    message board as much as we can... :D

#59     Jan 13, 2005
  10. If you are interested in idea's, take a look at Investr R/T at www.linnsoft.com and look at what they can do with the start and finish of a candlestick bar. You can change the time from when it opens to when it closes. In today's narrow ranges that the ES is giving us, it is necessary to skew the presentation of the bars, for some traders.

Investor R/T has many innovations and possibilities.

Also...look at www.Prophet.net indicator library for ideas!

Michael B.

#60     Jan 13, 2005