MedVed QuoteTracker Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by northern1000, Aug 4, 2004.

Do you like the Quotetracker product?

1. Like it a lot!!!!!

322 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. it's allright I guess

89 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. don't like it

65 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Haven't tried it

65 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. seldin

seldin

Jerry,

QuoteTracker is the best.

Frankly, I don't care about the ads in the free version. I have blocker for that. I like to support vendors, who do a good job.

However, I always feel guilty, like "I'm doing something wrong" that I have to get permission from you guys. As you know, I pay for your product... I would even restore more often, but I end up thinking, "Oh, then I have to contact QuoteTracker. Maybe, they won't let me do my re-install this time".

You see, to me, (just paid user), it makes no sense, to make me feel uncomfortable. Sometimes, I feel, it would be better to be a free user, just so I know, I can install and uninstall whenever I want.

My feelings may be of no matter to you, but I have no other software, that I have to get permission from someone to use it, after I paid for it.

Again, your software is great and your support is awesome. I am sorry, but I see no reason, that I should feel guilty. There could be others that don't feel guilty, but I do. That's just how I feel. It's not right or wrong. It's just how I feel.

I can not understand, why your the only vendor that implements your copy protection scheme, that does not let me restore my system without permission from your company. Even more suprising is that you offer a free version of your software and you make your paid users have to contact you.

I really think that it would be better to just give me a license key, that works, without have to keep contacting you, if I reinstall my Windows.

larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net

#41     Dec 19, 2004
  2. seldin

seldin

EdgeHunter,

I downloaded the software and am looking at it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net

#42     Dec 19, 2004
  3. I have used:

Real Tick
    Redi
    Sonic
    Hammer
    Tim Zu
    Cyber
    Lightspeed

Quotetracker...for what it is...is an excellent product.....

#43     Dec 19, 2004
  4. seldin,

The max # of concurrent registrations is put in place to stop people from giving out their registration code to others. We DID have a problem with that. It is NOT intended to restrict legitimate users. In fact, I monitor the log for registrations that get blocked and reset those accounts myself, before the user even emails us.

Don't feel guilty about emailing us - its not a problem at all.

BTW, your account (if I am looking at the right one) is already set to 6, not 3.

#44     Dec 19, 2004
  5. seldin

seldin

Jerry,

You know, I love your product and think your team works hard. I really do feel guilty contacting you for resetting my machine.

I guess I am the only one that minds having to do that, or you would have tried another copy protection scheme.

So maybe in the future, others customers may "help you see the light" (ha,ha). Until then, status quo.

Keep up the good work on your product...

larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net

#45     Dec 19, 2004
  6. QT is great and the support has been awesome!

thanks,

jerry

#46     Jan 11, 2005
  7. balda

balda

I think it is mostly praised by people who never used any good software.

It doesn't have a simple tool bar.:(

#47     Jan 12, 2005
  8. balda

balda

I have used

very good:

e-signal
    trade station
    instaquote
    nextrend
    ensign windows

Didn't like:

qcharts
    iqcharts

#48     Jan 12, 2005
  9. Jerry,

First let me say that this is a fantastic program you've made here. I showed this to my professor who teaches investments at my school, he is planning on having his students use it for his class. I really hope you guys make out good with this program.

Ok, now for my question. Is there anychance on you folks supporting Open Ecry? I personally use them as my futures broker and they provide all the data from the various exchanges (kinda like IB). The only missing piece from thir puzzle is that they offer no charting software. Now, I'm sure you probably have bigger brokers on your list, but if you have a chance, can you take a look at the folks I deal with?

Thanks,

John B.

#49     Jan 12, 2005
  10. It doesn't have a simple toolbar for a reason - It was intentional - toolbars waste screen real-estate. QuoteTracker has very consistent right click menus on just about every screen and everything can be accessed through that or through keyboard shortcuts.

And you are quite wrong about the praise coming from those who never used other software. We have lots of people who have used all the programs you mentioned and then some

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com

#50     Jan 12, 2005