MedVed QuoteTracker Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by northern1000, Aug 4, 2004.

Do you like the Quotetracker product?

1. Like it a lot!!!!!

322 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. it's allright I guess

89 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. don't like it

65 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Haven't tried it

65 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. excellent software but make sure it fits your professional needs. you'll have to judge that by yourself.

#11     Aug 5, 2004
  2. Guty

Guty

I use it with Esignal, I sign up for the cheap Esignal basic and get far better charting with QuoteTracker.
    QT get a feature "mini-charts", and I couldn't work without anymore.
    If a problem occur with Esignal, I can switch for IB data in few seconds without closing any charts.
    QT support is one of the best I know, you send a mail and you get an answer within few minutes.

#12     Aug 5, 2004
  3. QT is fantastic. Can't be beat for the price if you register it (works fine free too, just a few ads show up on the main window) and support is top notch.

#13     Aug 5, 2004
  4. frogy

frogy

I like the program too and use it for backup.

But it sure would be nice to be able to print charts right from QT.

#14     Aug 5, 2004
  5. I have always wondered why they won't let you do this... :(

#15     Aug 6, 2004
  6. frogy said:

I like the program too and use it for backup.

But it sure would be nice to be able to print charts right.

Your comment is right on!!!!!

#16     Aug 6, 2004
  7. just been working on so many other things, have not gotten to it. Has not been top priority considering that there are so many other ways you can print - Windows built in functionality as well as programs like SnagIt

#17     Aug 6, 2004
  8. I use QT since it's early days and the program has been improved ever since with new features.

Jerry and his team are very responsive on questions ( wonder whether they ever sleep ? ).

2 or three years ago, I made the proposal to include Datek's trading window right into QT submitted a few files to Jerry Medved.
    He did it within 3 or 4 weeks or so. It was the first brokers you could trade with directly from QT interface

Since then I used QT with several data services, of which stockwatch.com is imho the best bargain for stocktraders
    ( backfill + realtime data US exchanges for less than 20 USD/month ).

Today, I use it with Interactivebrokers account and it works well.
    Jerry just needs to implement the OCA and bracket-orders functionalities and QT is almost complete for my purposes.

I have not yet faced trouble with hardware ressources. ( P4 1.8Mhz, 768MB Ram , ADSL connection ).

Yes, one could need more than one monitor to use all the functions & features at once QT has to offer . However, I'm positiontrading, so the one 19" monitor set at 1280 res is enough for me.

Can only recommend the Software and have the highest regards for QT support.

I'm in no way related to this company and refer only to my own experiences with QT over the last 3 years or so.

#18     Aug 6, 2004
  9. Jerry is a super nice guy (have met him in person!) and makes every attempt to answer his customers' questions as soon as possible. Can't beat a free download and great customer service. i would recommend it!

#19     Aug 6, 2004
  10. Has anyone received a "book view" ( MMID, BID, ASK,SIZE) for options with QuoteTracker???money.net "screamer" offers streaming chains & book view.
    [​IMG]

#20     Aug 6, 2004