Medved QuoteTracker quote source ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AeroKen83, Feb 28, 2006.

1. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

What changes did you have to make to the futures? It was not related to our latest addition through which we started offering the daily bars for the sake of yearly charts, was it?

Thanks very much.

#11     Feb 28, 2006
  2. will daily bars update with real time data?

#12     Feb 28, 2006
  3. The problem was QT specific, not IB. It had to do with how much data was being returned, and futures tend to have more data for 5 day backfill than stocks.

As for offering daily bars, I tried requesting more than 5 days of data with 1 day frequency using the beta TWS and still got an error that historical requests do not allow more than 5 days. What gives?

#13     Feb 28, 2006
  4. IB please make daily data available to QT.

No reason not to right?:D

#14     Mar 1, 2006
  5. Which quote source do you recommend for Medved QuoteTracker, that displays pre-market NYSE & NASDAQ trading?
    Doesn't matter if its delayed.

Thanks

#15     Mar 1, 2006
  6. Usually delayed sources do not bother with pre/after market data. We recommend Marketfeed and IQFeed for that. Your broker may also work well, depending on who you trade through.

#16     Mar 1, 2006
  7. Your original question was who has free data. Scottrade has free real time data for stocks and options that works with Quotetracker.

#17     Mar 2, 2006
  8. scottrade data is full of errors and ommissions...........i would mot advise anyone using real $$$ to trade to utilize this data source.

#18     Mar 2, 2006
  9. Jerry,

Do you have any plans to work with Think or Swim as one of your integrated brokers?

Thanks

#19     Mar 2, 2006
  10. Do not have current plans for it. I believe I emailed them before. Got no reply

#20     Mar 2, 2006