Medved QuoteTracker quote source ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AeroKen83, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Which quote source do you recommend that is free, i was using ADVFN before but that didn't really work.
    Ken

2. ADVFN is for UK symbols only. If you need US, there is no free Real-Time source available unless you have a brokerage account with one of the supported brokers. What broker do you trade through?

3. I have IB, it works with IB. I have question how can you get back fill for medved. I want to watch nikkie225 at singapore exchange and symbol is sgxnk.

If someone know please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

4. mokwit

mokwit

Backfill for SGXNK is one that has been affected by IB's recent changes to backfill. thoughtfully they just left everyone to find out for themselves. Great customer orientation IB.

5. The symbol in question would be SGX:mad:SSIH6 in QuoteTracker. Backfill should work fine for it with IB. Make sure to get
    the current beta of QT (3.7.0C) since it has a fix for IB backfill for many futures symbols

6. Thank you. I will try it today.

How do I get the backfill? Just start quotetracker and click the sympol or I have to perform someother task to get the previous data? Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

7. you can right click on the symbol or chart and select BACKFILL.

You can also go to OPTIONS/Data Sources menu, BACKFILL tab, select Interactive Brokers as the backfill source and set it to auto backfill whenever a chart is brought up.

8. IB backfill seems to work fine for me on QT. I click "get backfill for all symbols" and everything seems to work fine. I'm having trouble actually "finding" the raw data. Can QT dump the raw data it gets during a backfill to a text file so I can manipulate the data with my other programs? I'd really like to use QT to build my own database of intraday prices. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

9. omniscient

omniscient Guest

you can right-click on a chart and select Export Data and save it as a CSV.

hth

10. #10     Feb 28, 2006