Medved Quotetracker or Sierra

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by traderob, Jan 28, 2004.

1. #41     Jan 29, 2004
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Not missing. My charts have the times at the bottom. Check your settings.

#42     Jan 29, 2004
  3. c_verm

c_verm

I have been useing QT for 6 months now and have never had a problem that couldnt be fixed within a few minutes because the support for QT is so great.

I opened an Ameritrade account just to get free realtime quotes for US stocks & option prices + the cheap $10 a month for Level II data inorder to power QT.

I trade with my IB account through QuoteTracker and find it a perfect setup ofr swing trading and daytrading.

I am able to trade my strategies for only $10 a month!!!

Everyone always asks my how mych it cost to day trade and have all the software and data, And they cant believe I can do it $10 a month.

I run a swingtrading website and reconmend QT to all my members so they can track their postions like a pro for free.

#43     Jan 31, 2004
  4. babe714

babe714

Am only a part time trader . Have been using QT (free) with IB data feed (free with >30 trades/mo.). I registered at prophet .net (free)but am not a subsciber to their pay services. I've been able to backfill QT through prophet .net for both stocks and futures (2 days worth,) to fill in any gaps in the charts. Just want to make sure everyone is aware of this free option. May want to use as backup or whatever. Thanks Jerry .

#44     Jan 31, 2004
  5. Heck, I wasn't aware that worked :)

#45     Jan 31, 2004
  6. Thanks babe,

It works great for backfill.
    Can I use Prophet.net free registration for real time streaming charts. If yes, how many stocks?
    I use Scottrade currently, it allows 10 only.

What's the symbols for futures from Prophet.net?

#46     Jan 31, 2004
  7. steveg

steveg

All I use is Quotetracker. Frequent updates and extremely responsive on-line support. This is excellent software in my opinion. You can use it for no charge if you'll tolerate a small, unobtrusive ad on the screen. A small monthly fee gets rid of the ad.

#47     Jan 31, 2004
  8. Momento

Momento

cool!
    learnt something new today :D

btw. QT rocks for how little you pay.

#48     Jan 31, 2004
  9. babe714

babe714

no free streaming charts at prophet.net

How I backfill futures with QT , IB , Prophet.net :

1) in QT : options> edit preferences > >data sources/proxy >backfill > select prophet.net backfill , enter prophet.net user name and password >ok

2) mini s& p - enter GLOBEX:mad:ESH4 into QT to get the quotes from the IB feed

3))then in QT open up the chart

4) right click opened chart , select Backfill chart for Globex:mad:ESH4 as

5) In the back fill pop up box next to using symbol enter @ESH4
    click ok

qt symbol for mini nas is GLOBEX:mad:NQH4

#49     Feb 1, 2004
  10. Davo

Davo

I use QT with IQ Feed (DNT IQ) as my data source. IQ Feed costs $20.00 per month. If IQ Feed goes out I can switch to my brokers feed (which is free). With QT you can switch feeds with 2 clicks of your mouse.

It's like any software product, there is a little bit of a learning curve (it's easier then MS Word). It's well worth the effort to go though the product literature to learn about all the features that are available.

QT is a very good product and it keeps getting better all the time. What's helping to make it better is the fact that QT listens to what trades want and takes their suggestion seriously. Their customer email support is unmatched. I've emailed them several times at midnight and they have gotten back to me with answers within 10 minutes. I wonder if Jerry sleeps???

Keep it up QT!

Davo

#50     Feb 1, 2004